Spotted

Walking beside someone such as Lord Muzan felt like such a privilege to you, even after 10 years of living with him, and over a year now of accompanying him on business trips or just out and about in town. Of course, you weren't allowed to go out with him all the time, but the majority of the time you were beside him, just how you liked it.

You looked up admiringly, now reaching his shoulder. You felt so confident, so sure of yourself beside him. It was both a comforting and exhilarating feeling.

"Seiza? Are you alright?" Lord Muzan called out to you, and you snapped out of your trance, realizing he had been calling out to you multiple times. A dark blush crossed your cheeks, and you averted your eyes, huffing out a visible breath of air into the cold, November night.

"Yes, sorry," you mumbled, embarrassment evident in your voice. Lord Muzan smirked, leading you down the street.

"We're almost there," he informed you, walking alongside you to the car you both were heading to. You nodded in agreement, turning forward and raising your scarf over your mouth and cheeks, in an attempt to cover up your embarrassment. His smile fell however, seeing your warm breath so visibly in the air. His hand reached out, brushing your exposed cheek.

"Are you cold?" He asked, and you stiffened under his touch. It had been months since you had kissed in your garden, but you hadn't shared anymore intimate moments since, and his distance had somewhat put you on edge. You relaxed immediately though, leaning your head unconsciously into his hand, enjoying the tingling feeling in your cheek.

"No, I'm fine," you insisted, looking up at him, allowing your scarf to fall from covering your face so you could flash him a small smile. "Thank you," you assured him, and he nodded, both of you walking silently through the busy street.

You passed many faces, and overheard many conversations around you, but ignored them all. Nothing piqued your interest, or disturbed your content walking with Lord Muzan, until you heard fastly approaching footsteps behind you both.

Turning on your heel, your eyes met with a pair of dark burgundy ones, hanafuda like earrings moving with his movements, his eyes showing malice and ill-intent.

"Kibutsuji Muzan!"

- - -

Sitting back onto a bench, Tanjiro sighed deeply, his younger sister sitting beside him, her pink eyes cast out into the forest. They had stepped off of the main road to an udon vendor, and in Tanjiro's hands sat the udon he had sniffed out minutes ago.

"Man, I didn't realize just how hungry I was until now," Tanjiro chuckled sheepishly, setting the bowl down in his lap momentarily to clap his hands together in front of him, before breaking his chopsticks and picking up the bowl with his left hand.

He scooped the first bite into his mouth, while Nezuko sat silently beside him, her legs swinging above the ground on the bench. Her hands were holding the bench beneath her, her eyes scanning the forest thoughtlessly as Tanjiro took in another bite, freezing immediately at the new, overpowering smell.

It was the same smell he had picked up on his deceased family, and freshly turned demon sister that day all those years ago.

Nezuko looked up at her human brother as he stood up abruptly, dropping the bowl onto the bench, the udon spilling carelessly.

"Forgive me Nezuko- I'll be back!" He yelled, running back into the street, leaving Nezuko alone with a rather angry vendor.

He apologized and weaved through the crowd, careful not to knock into someone too roughly, but he was determined not to lose the scent.