Chapter XX - Rectified

Chapter 20

Rectified

Mina's POV

"Brian Falkner once said that "Life is like a book. There are good chapters, and there are bad chapters. But when you get to a bad chapter, you don't stop reading the book! If you do... then you never get to find out what happens next!" 

"Life will not flow smoothly or will not work based on how we want it to be, we are the one who needs to adjust. Problems and pain will always be there but we must not give up in order to move on and to achieve all our needs and wants."

"My highschool life won't be this blissful if the people who are endlessly giving their support, care, and love for me is not present. To my teachers, classmates, parents, Lia, Kim and Skyler, the word thank you will never be enough to show how grateful am I." I said as I stare at them one by one.

"Let us all claim now that we're going to be a successful person someday. Thank you and Congratulations, everyone. Mabuhay tayong lahat!"

All of them clapped their hands as I finished stating my valedictory speech.

I already imagined that this will come but the thought of being this happy never comes into my mind. I guess, no words can explain how happy I am now.

---

Our graduation ended but we are still here in the venue.

"I'm so proud of you Mina. You never failed to make us proud of you. We didn't even require you to achieve this award but still, you gave your best. We love you, Mina. I love you." my mom said and she kissed my cheeks. "I love you too mom! This is all for you and for dad of course." 

"Minaaaaaaaaa! You're so pretty up in the stage earlier!" Lia said as she hugs me. "Congratulations Mina! You really deserve to be our batch valedictorian! I love you!" she added as she kisses my cheeks too.

"Thank you and Congratulations too, Lia! I love you!" 

"Uhh Mina, there's a person who wants to talk to you hehe" Lia said as she smiles. "Who?" she signals her hand and an unexpected person comes. "Kim..."

"I'm sorry, Mina. I r-really mean it. I hope we can be okay soon." she said while gazing downwards. I smiled as she said that.

"You're not Taylor Swift anymore?" both of us chuckle as I asked that. "Yep, not any more haha" 

"Who am I not to forgive you so why soon if we can be okay now? I love you Kim!" I said as I hug her right away. She hugs me back. "I miss this, Kim. I miss hugging you and having a good conversation with you. Thank you for letting your old self come back." 

"Well, I miss this too. I miss you, Mina. Sorry." she replied in the midst of our hug.

"Waaaaaaah! I love you booooth!" Lia said as she joins us. "Let's not have a thing like that again, please. I'm not used to it." she added as we ended our hug.

"I promise. I will never do anything stupid again." Kim replied. "I don't want to be slapped by Mina again. It hurts a lot! haha!" we laugh in unison as Kim said that.

Kim bid her farewell and Lia did the same because they're going to have lunch with their family.

"Let's go dear?" 

"I will just use the restroom first" I said and she just nodded and smile.

I suddenly remember my dad. Where is he right now? What is he doing? Does he even know that I am a graduate now? Does he know that I am the batch valedictorian?

It makes me sad and mad at the same time. Yes, I understand that there is a problem between him and my mom but why I am affected? I am affected by their misunderstanding.

I am mad because of the feels like he's alright with everything. He's not making an effort to have a conversation with us or even with me only. He didn't bother to show up at my graduation. 

I was about to enter the restroom when someone suddenly calls me.

"Mina?"

The audacity to show up in front of me after breaking my heart and my best friend's heart.

"Can I talk to you?"

"You're already talking with me." I said in a monotonous voice

"Please?" Von begged. He's ruining my mood huh. I'm already happy eh, but when I saw his face? Ugh! "Fine." I looked at my wristwatch. "5 minutes"

"I'm sorry." 

"For what?" I asked. "For hurting you."

"Ah. Nothing new. That's it? You're already done?"

"Please accept it. I don't want to end my high school life with someone having a grudge with me." he replied sadly.

Then you could do anything better than breaking someone's heart, duh. What is he expecting after ruining someone's life? I already forgive him actually but my resentful heart came back when he treated Kim like trash.

"Why are you like that?" I asked. "You have the guts to confess your feelings to someone first. You always do the first move on telling someone that you like or love her and that is fine. But where are you getting the guts you are using to be the first one who'll leave?"

He's now starring on the floor without uttering any words. Someone said that if a person is guilty, he will act like that.

"Don't worry Von, I already accepted your apology last time." His face lightens up as I said that. "But I am not the one who needs it. Kim badly needs it." I added

"Can I have a favor? One last favor Von" 

"O-of course" 

"Please don't break someone's heart anymore."