Part 10

We wandered through the streets of Derry together for a few hours before deciding to visit the quarry. We looked out at the view as I had the day Eddie had died and I sighed as I faced him.
I reached out towards him and my fingers touched his hand, asking for for his affection which he accepted readily. I held his hands tightly in mine and smiled warmly at him, "I always loved it up here. I liked listening to you ramble on about the view."

"And I liked the way you used to tell me to shut the fuck up and take my clothes off," Eddie smirked and I laughed.

"That happened once, okay? And the rest of the guys were doing the same so that doesn't count."

Eddie smiled down at my hands, "I've been thinking... about why I couldn't get out of the sewers before?"

"Yeah?"

"You always hear in stories about dead people having unfinished business so they can't move on... I think... I think I was waiting for you. I think I was stuck down there until you found me... I think that's why I could leave after that, because we were together."

"Who knew you were a hopeless romantic..." I teased and he squeezed my hands.

"I'm serious... I think this was meant to be."
I smiled down at him and He frowned at me, "what?"

"Nothing, you're just fucking cute."

"Cute?" He huffed, "fuck you, man."

"That makes you even fucking cuter," I grinned broadly at him as he turned away a little to hide his redenning face.

"Dude, stop!" He whined and I laughed.

"Fuck it, I can't hold off any longer," I pulled him into my chest, sliding my hands under his arms and gripping his shoulderblades as I kissed him roughly.
He took a moment to respond, clearly caught off guard, before putting his hands on my hips.

"You could give me some warning," he muttered as I released his lips and I smirked.

"Where's the fun in that? Gotta keep you on your toes, right?"

"What am I getting myself into..."

"Hopefully my pants," I let my hand drop to his backside and gave it a playful squeeze, earning a startled yelp from the sheepish man, "no one's going to see us now, Eddie boy!"

"Hey!" He tapped my arm, a flustered look on his face, "don't you think that just because I'm interested in you that you can treat me like a piece of meat!"

"I wouldn't dream of it, Eds."

He chuckled under his breath, "thank you for saving me."

"Likewise," I tilted my head and brought my hands up to his neck, stroking his cheeks with my thumbs, "there's no one I'd rather spend eternity with."
I pulled his face towards mine and lovingly placed my lips on his once more, feeling his chest rise and fall as I moved against him.
Eddie was right; this felt like it was meant to be. Weirdly it felt like this was the start of my life... and-for once-I couldn't wait to live it!