Lost Boy

(DO NOT PLAY THE SONG IN THE TITLE UNTIL THE STORY TELLS YOU TO! ❤️)

Michael

A year ago

A year ago.

I lallygagged through the fancy, empty hotel lobby I'd be singing in tonight. I brushed my finger along the sign that read, 'Everest 5star Hotel'. I rolled my eyes at the uppity white man voice I used to read it in my head.

It was quiet. But I loved some peace and tranquillity before I go on stage to perform. Even if it is a fairly small stage in front of a bunch of rich white elders while they enjoy their $100, well-done, steak.

Well-done.

Everyone in their right minds know Steak is suppose to be cooked medium-well.

But, I'll humble myself. I have an audience, I'm being heard, and best of all — I'm getting paid.

I looked up at the beautiful chandelier as it hung gracefully above a dinning room lobby.

My thoughts were interrupted by a sound I was all too familiar with — a couple keys being pushed on a nearby piano.

I followed the off tune randomness to see my love, Daisy, sitting at an old wooden piano, pressing keys as she looked off into space with an expression of indifference.

That's is, till she saw me.

"I didn't hear you coming." She sighed away the startled gasp she let out once she gained awareness of my presence.

"Sorry." I smiled at her as she watched me sit next to her. "I didn't know you played." I smiled jokingly as I watched her fingers press random keys, echoing out an unbearable symphony.