Chapter 15: Visit

Angel's POV:
Three Weeks Later*

"Angel!!" Mama called. I happily skipped down the stairs. "Yes ma'am?" I replied. "Come with me to Walmart. I need to get some things." She said. "Okay. I just gotta get my shoes on." I said. I ran to my room and quickly put on my shoes. I ran downstairs and saw Mama and Keisha standing by the door. They looked at me. "Angel, you okay? Your so happy today." Mama said. "She ate some cotton candy and some juice so now she's hyper." Keisha said. I smiled sheepishly. "I done told your Daddy to stop giving y'all that." Mama said. We laughed. "You know he loves us." Keisha said. We walked out the door and to the car. We got in and drove off towards Walmart. We pulled in parking lot and got out. We walked around for food for the house but I noticed she was buying a lot of food, more than usual. I looked at her. "Ma, this is a lot of food, even for us." I said. She rolled her eyes. "Girl!! Mind ya business." She said. I laughed.

We walked around til we got to the meat aisle. I looked at Keisha, who was staring at something behind me. "Keisha what are you-" I was cut off by someone wrapping their arms around me. Oh Riley. I smiled and turned around but it wasn't Riley. "Brodrick?!" I cried. "Hey babygirl." He said. I stared at him in horror. "What are you doing here?" I asked, curiously. "I'm in town for a few days and I go back to Barcelona tomorrow. Where have you been? I've been calling you and texting you." He said. "Oh uh, my phone got stolen." I lied. "Oh damn. So you got a new one?" He asked. "Yeah." I said. Why would you say that?!! I hate lying!!! "Oh. Well here let me put my number in." He said. "It's at home." I said, quickly. He stared at me. "Your phone's at home?" He said. I nodded. Then he laughed. "So if I call you right now, I won't hear a ring?" He asked. I nodded.

I used my powers to feel for my phone in my pocket. I turned it to silent. He pulled out his phone and called me. We heard nothing. "Angel why did you come to Barcelona? To see me? Oh I know you missed me." He said, as he leaned in for a kiss. I casually turned away. "Oh um I was there for a project. It got done so I came back home." I said. "But you left so suddenly. We had dinner at that restaurant and you just disappeared. I didn't know where you were." He said. "I know. Brodrick I-I." I stammered. Say it. I don't want to hurt his feelings. Say. It. Tell him now. He so sweet though. SAY IT!! "Look Brodrick Angel gotta-" Keisha was cut off by Mama. "Alright y'all I got- Brodrick. Oh my God it's so good to see you." She said, as she hugged him. I pulled Keisha to the side. "Girl what is he doing here?" She asked.

"I don't know. He's in town for a few days but he's leaving tomorrow." I said. "Girl you better hope Riley don't find out about him." She said. "Don't worry. Riley's out of town trying to reconnect with his Mom. That's one of the things he's trying to change. His relationship with his Mom." I said. "Aww." She said. "Oh Angel." Mama said. I looked at her. "We should invite Brodrick to the ceremony tomorrow." She said. I widened my eyes. "Ceremony? For what?" Brodrick asked. "Angel is becoming a Beta tomorrow." She said. I stared at my Mom is horror. MAMA!!! SHUT THE HELL UP!!! "Oooh Angel. Why didn't you tell me you were becoming a Beta?" Brodrick asked, smiling. Because I didn't want you to know. He came over and hugged me. I put on a fake smile. Then he kissed me. I screamed internally. "Oh Brodrick. We're shopping for the ceremony. It's gonna be packed." Mama said.

"Packed? Whose all coming?" I asked. "Everyone we know." She said. I looked at Keisha. "Help me." I mouthed. "Uh Brodrick, I thought you were leaving tomorrow? So you can't come to the ceremony." She said. I nodded. "Oh yeah. Well maybe you can record it for me." He said. "No." Keisha said. It's times like this I thank her for being rude. "Oh well while, your in town, come to the house. Come see everybody. It's been a long time since we all saw you." Mama said. I groaned internally. "Then I get spend time with my girl." Brodrick said, putting his arm around me. Before he left, I was crying all over him. Now I want him to leave me alone. We finished up shopping for groceries then we went home. I was in a bad mood. As soon as we walked in the house, I ran upstairs to my room. I laid down in bed and rubbed my temples. I took out my phone to call Kacey and have her come over. I saw that I had five missed calls from Riley.