Chapter 23: Black & Blue

Angel's POV:

"Riley stop!! You play too much!!" I cried out. He was tickling me because Keisha announced that I was ticklish. He wouldn't leave me alone. I laughed and squirmed to get away from him. He wouldn't let me go. "Say what? Angel I can't hear you!!" He said. I squirmed and kicked all the while he was still tickling me. "Kacey!!" I called. She ran in the room and jumped on the bed. Riley then rolled over. We ran out the room. Riley ran after us. We squealed. Then Andre appeared in the doorway. We screamed and turned down a hall. "Okay Riley!!" I cried. He smirked at me. I ran faster. Andre cut us off and wrapped his arms around Kacey. He began to tickle her. "Angel!!" She cried. I ran over and tried to pry Andre off of her. Then Riley caught me. I screamed. He held me down and tickled me. "Y'all are asses!!" I screamed out. My sides started hurting.

"Keisha!!" I yelled. "Come help us!!" Kacey yelled. Then we heard loud running footsteps. Then Keisha appeared in her wolf form. She tackled the guys so we could run. We were at the new house Riley bought for us. We didn't exactly move in just yet, as we had to pack up our clothes and move them here. Kacey and Keisha were upset that we had to leave but we promised them that we would visit. Me and Kacey ran into a room and hid. Then we heard footsteps running towards us. I looked at Kacey as she was in the clothes hiding. The door opened and Riley and Andre both walked in. "Angel? Kacey?" They called. I covered my mouth to stifle my laughter. They began to search the room. Then Andre burst opened the closet door. Kacey screamed. I ran out and grabbed her hand and pulled her out the room. The guys chased us outside.

But we weren't fast enough. They caught us. "Okay Riley!! You win." I said. Keisha came out the door. "Ya know for pregnant women, you guys sure are running a lot." She said. "Oh yeah." I said. "Right. Totally forgot about that." Andre said. We sat outside and chilled. "Now Riley how did you get this house so fast?" Keisha asked. "He bribed the realtor to let us have it." I said, glaring at Riley. He shrugged. "When I want something, I get it." He said. "Well can you get me a shop? I wanna do hair." Keisha said. "Girl no. Don't nobody want a bitch who braids too tight to do their hair." I said. "Why you complaining? I did your hair once." She said. "And that was enough for me to not let you do my hair." I said.

She rolled her eyes. "Anyways. Y'all let's go. I'm hungry." She said. We got up and walked out the house and to the cars. We drove all the way to town and stopped at a McDonald's. We ate in the restaurant. Then Kacey gasped. We looked at her. "What's up?" Riley asked. She pointed. We turned our heads to see Brodrick. My heart stopped. Oh shit. He walked up to the counter and ordered some food. Then he turned and have a seat and he saw us. I felt Riley tense up. He stared at me as I stared at him. "You think he still holding that grudge?" Andre asked. "Probably. Who cares?" Riley said. Brodrick sat down across from us and got on his phone. A part of me wanted to go over there and talk to him but I know Riley would be furious. So I just sat there and stared at my phone.

They called for our food. We got it and left. "Angel you okay?" Kacey asked. I nodded. "No your not." Riley said. I looked at him. "I just feel bad." I said. "Angel he attacked you." Keisha said. "Maybe he had too much to drink or something." I said. "Or maybe he just wanted to start shit with me." Kacey said. "Either way, I still feel bad. He came to my ceremony and I basically just gave him the cold shoulder and fought him." I said. "Angel-" I cut Riley. "No Riley. I feel really bad about how things went down. He came out to see me and I didn't return the energy." I said. I turned around and walked back in the restaurant. I saw Brodrick at the counter getting his food. I ran up to him. He looked at me and glared. "What do you want?" He asked, irritably. "To talk." I said.

He scoffed. "Talk? About what? About how you dumped me for that white boy?" He said. "I didn't-" I paused. I shook my head. "Look Brodrick. Riley is my friend. That's all he is to me. We're not dating or anything. We're just good friends." I said. "Really? Since when do good friends spend every minute of every day with each other? We never did any of that and we were in a relationship. Angel I don't get it bro. I came to your ceremony to see you graduate from a Omega to a Beta and you ignore me the whole time." He said. "I didn't ignore you. I talked to you." I said. "Two sentences don't count." He said. "Look Brodrick I'm sorry about how we left things off. But I just couldn't anymore." I said. "Couldn't what? Be with me? What did I do? I did nothing wrong. That time in Barcelona, when I saw you in the club, I saved you." He said.