Chapter 1

Charles sat on the bench, outside the cafe where he was supposed to be, waiting for his other half to show up at their agreed rendezvous spot. It was finally time for her to return back from her parents' house, but where was she? As he sat waiting for her to come to their meeting spot, he started looking around, and observing the nice, warm, beautiful area that he was in. The sky was so clear that day, and the cafe was jostling with customers. Next to him sat a man in a dull, gray hoodie who was presumably also observing his surroundings.

It had been about half an hour since he got there, and although he had come extra early out of pure excitement, he couldn't help but wonder what was taking Emma so long. For Emma Davison, there were many things she was not efficient at, but punctuality was definitely not one of them. In fact, it was because he knew Emma so well that he decided to go so early since there was definitely a chance that she might be there about an hour before him. He picked up his phone and decided to call her, "Hey Emma, I thought you said you were gonna be here by 8:30, where are you? He asked eagerly. "What do you mean 'where are you'? Emma exclaimed in shock not knowing that he had been there either. I've been here for like 30 minutes waiting, I'm inside."

Dumbfounded Charles wondered how she could've gotten here already since Emma was nowhere in sight. "Charles are you still there? It's 9:00 am you're 30 minutes late." The problem here was that Charles Davison had many flaws and punctuality was definitely one of them. "Right, how could I forget? I needed to change the time settings for my phone!" He proclaimed abruptly, remembering what had happened. "I'm coming". He rushed inside, not wanting to make Emma wait any longer, knowing that god forbid, if she got mad, it wouldn't be amusing. He sighed as he mentally prepared himself for what might go down when he walked inside.