Chapter 2

He sighed as he mentally prepared himself for what might go down when he walked inside. "EMMA! I'm over here!", he said as soon as he stepped inside.

Emma calmly passed by Charles, went to the door and left without acknowledging him. For a moment he just stood there in the doorway not understanding how he would handle the situation, without making things worse. She quietly made her way to the car and sat down without even looking at Charles. He decided to quickly hurry after her, worried about what would happen if she had to wait any longer.

"So... how are you?" Charles asked as a last-minute effort to fix her mood. "I have been telling you to fix your phone for 2 months, and you still haven't changed your time zone?" she said. Charles stopped talking, not knowing how to respond to her statement because she was right. It had been a really long time since Emma had told him to change his time zone, but he kept putting it off. Although he really considered saying he was busy, he couldn't bring himself to say anything since changing your phone settings only takes about 2 minutes.

"You're right, he said I'll change it right when we get home." Emma sighed "Listen, I'm not going to waste my time and ruin my mood by getting mad at you; but, you have been saying you'll change it soon and you still haven't. So what's to prove you'll do it when we get home? "So why don't you do it for me right now?" He states "Maybe I will hand me your phone." Charles silently obliged to what Emma had said, trying to keep the situation calm and not get in further trouble with his wife.

The rest of the ride was silent, since neither of them knew how to continue the awkward conversation they were having. Emma turned on the radio, unable to bear the stiff silence between them. She knew this was would pass, in fact, it already had considering the fact that neither of them could hold a grudge for too long, At least not at each other. Emma closed her eyes and kept jamming on to the music while Charles kept driving as they got closer to home.

When he pulled into their neighbourhood, he saw a man in a dull, gray, hoodie walking close behind his car. "Hmmm does he live here? Maybe he moved in at that house down the street? "Hey, Emma the Williamsons moved right?" "Yeah, they did it's been a month, why?" "I think someone just moved in there." Although he thought someone had just moved into the Williamson's previous residence, he couldn't shake the feeling he had seen this person before as he pulled into his driveway.

As they made it to their house, they went inside and Emma collapsed onto the sofa, glad to finally be back home. "Ahhh, home sweet home." Charles smiled warmly at her expression, as he poured himself a glass of ice, cold refreshing water. While he drained the water in his cup, his mind drifted back to the man in the gray hoodie. "Where have I seen him before?" He thought to himself, as his mind drifted back to the cafe. Suddenly everything made sense

"He's the person I saw at the cafe" he exclaimed out loud. "What? What are you talking about?" "The person who we thought lived at the Williamson house. He was at the cafe on the bench next to me while I was "waiting" for you."