New kids

Ashton Jensen

Ashton Jensen

We pulled into the parking lot and gained the attention of the students that were standing by their cars or rushing to class. I could tell this annoyed Lyd but sometimes I like attention, especially when she didn't want it. How could we not draw it to us with our good looks. Pale skin in contrast to our vibrant red hair, people tend to do that when we walk into a room together. Our similarities 'shock people in the best way' as gramms would say.

I looped my arm in hers and ignored the stares and whispers as I led her up the stairs to make sure she doesn't fall in her heels. I seriously don't get how girls wear those things. I'd trip over myself repeatedly, I mean seriously I can't even stand up in them... not that I've ever tried on my sisters shoes..

We walked through the hall to the office for our schedule and locker combinations. The woman at the front desk squealed and ran around the counter to hug the both of us when I gave her our names. She practically did a double take when she saw my sister. Gushing about how beautiful she is blah blah.

Unfortunately Lydia and I don't have first period together which is disappointing. We were hoping to share all of our classes together though her dance schedule and my football practice kinda messes with our preferences.
I walked Lydia to class before speeding down the halls to my classroom.

Without looking at anyone, I sat down and immediately texted Lydia to ask how her class was. I can't help but worry about her constantly. Our grandparents are good kind people but Lydia has always been the one family member that I have a strong connection with. In my eyes, she and I were our own family. Our father is a fucking dick head. I don't care that he's changed. It's been years since either of us got anything more that a note and money for Christmases and Birthdays. He may have upgraded his house.. and now his wife. But nothing he can do can gloss over the years I had to comfort Lyd night after night, telling her it wasn't her fault and that dad loves her.

    It's obvious now that he isn't sorry. Infact it seems like he's just upgrading his entire life. They may have thought I didn't notice that Crystal is pregnant but I did. A lot of the time I play dumb when I don't want to deal with something.

    "Good morning class. Oh it seems like we have a new student here! Mind if you introduce yourself and tell us a bit about you Mr. Jensen?" My teacher croaked out. She was old and hunched over with a permanent bitchy look on her face.

    I hesitantly stood up and turned to look at the class. I looked over and saw a few familiar faces that seemed to recognize me too which gave me a wave of relief. At least I know some people in this shit hole.

    "My name is Ashton Jensen but most people call me Ash. Me and my twin sister used to live here a while back and here we are." I said in an annoyed voice.

    One of the girls that sat in the middle of the class looked up abruptly when I spoke my name. Before I did she just doodles on her journal, uninterested in the new kid unlike the other students here. I looked at her and vaguely recognized her beautiful face.. those eyes.. I finally recognized her as Lydias only girl friend she had when we were younger. Lydia has always been a dancer but she never really got along with other girls. She thought they were stupid because they were afraid to get dirty, something Lydia never had a problem with because she was always with me and other boys in our group.