Chapter 17: Locator

The group arrived at the Fortress and walked down the hallway to the dining hall. Balion went to the kitchen area and the others stayed in the hall. They sat down on the large table and gave a sigh of relief.

"Why does every adventure has to be so intense?" complained Robert while rubbing the back of his neck.

"Come on,you knew this wasn't gonna be an easy adventure," said Tobey as he massaged his left wrist sore from the fight.

"Give him a break, at least you weren't stabbed like he was," Sally replied while sitting next to Robert, "By the way, are you okay Rob?"

"Yeah, you actually fought like nothing I've seen before. Like if you were another person," said Arlene worried.

"I don't know, I cant even believe that I did all that. Before this, I couldn't even open a frog at science class and now. . . I fought inter-dimensional demons and their armies," said Robert confused asthe others remained silent.

The silence was broken when Balion entered the room with a tray full of sandwiches.

"It's the crystal," he said as he gave the tray to Arlene, "The crystal gives you power, but it also removes something from you. In your case it was your fear, but the crystal can change you even on a personality level. At least that is what I know from the crystal."

"Are you alright Balion?" asked Arlene as she put down her sandwich.

"Yes, I-I just. . . I want to find D'zon and get back Rose. I want all of this to end and be at peace," said Balion as he ran his hand through his hair, "But I fear that what the crystal took away from me is far greater than fear."

"And what happens after you defeat D'zon?" asked Sarah while chomping down on two sandwiches stacked on top of each other.

"Well, I will just continue my job as a Guardian, until I find a worthy successor," he replied as he grabbed the last sandwich.

"May I nominate myself for the role?" asked Tobey jokingly.

"I will decide on a successor some day, now, lets focus on finding that Locator thing so we can find D'zon. I'll give you a moment to rest,then we will move," Balion left the hall and stood by the pool. He looked into the distance as Arlene stood besides him.

"How is she?"asked Arlene, "Your fiancee, how is she?"

"She's the love of my life," said Balion, "A good soul who would get emotional over simple things in life. Black curly hair and dark skin.My love since we were in high school."

"She's lucky to have you," she replied.

"No, I am the lucky one," said Balion as he took a deep breath.

Robert ran out and stood besides them while holding a soda.

"Hey there's a big fridge with lots to drink," he said, "When are we leaving?"

"In a few moments, I do have a special petition to make you Rob," said Balion, "When we finally face against D'zon, he will use anything to get what he wants. It is a possibility that he will use Rose as a hostage, if so, you will use your speed to rescue her. Understood?"

"Sure thing Balion," he replied, "I promise I will rescue her,"

The group stood before the Dimension Door. Sally prepared her ACR Assault Rifle for combat and adjusted the scope. Tobey prepared as he watched Sarah practicing her punches and kicks combined with electricity. Balion stood in front of the Door ready for adventure.