Chapter 13: Team Practice

Tobey was waking up and when he turned around on his bed and the light of the sun woke him up, he opened his eyes and saw that it was 8:32 am. "Crap, I'm late!"
He jumped out of his bed in his underwear and started to look for the Guardian suit. "Where is it?"
Suddenly, the suit appeared out if nowhere on to him. He had no time to be surprised as he ran to the bathroom and brushed his teeth quickly. He ran downstairs as his mom watched his while drinking coffee.
"Tobey aren't you going to have-"
"I can't I'm already late!" -he interrupted his mom.
"Late for what?"
"Training!"

He closed the door and ran down the street as he suddenly stopped. "Wait a minute... Where was I even supposed to meet Balion?"
Suddenly a portal opened behind him and Balion came out of it.
"Balion I-"
"It's okay, I overslept too." -said Balion- "I was up all night training."
Balion started to enter the portal when Tobey grabbed him by the shoulder. "Are you alright?"
"Sure, why wouldn't I?"

They entered the portal to the yard of the Fortress. The entire group was waiting for them.
"Wakey wakey Sleeping Beauty..." -said Sally while sitting on top of a stone.
"Very funny." -said Tobey annoyed.
Balion chuckled as he stood in front of them. "Alright, your practice starts today. You'll be training in pairs today, in head to head combat."
The group looked at each other wondering who will face who.

"Rob, Sally, you two will train together. We shall combine your speed with her accuracy, to make both your reflexes better."
"There's practice bullets on the armory!" -said Robert as he quickly ran to the armory to bring them and give them to Sally- "Here they are."
Sally began loading the pistols.
"They won't kill anyone, but they sure do hurt." -said Robert.
"How do you know about this?" -she asked.
"I read the book yesterday... Twice." -he replied.

"Alright, Tobey and Sarah, you two have very different styles of power, but they are similar in terms of offensive capacity. You will face each other in the training session today."
"How do we actually do it?" -asked Sarah- "His power is a cable that comes from his wrists and mine is martial arts mastery."
"Take the previous pairing: Robert has superspeed and Sarah's power gives her an incredible accuracy. This is to see if he can avoid and she can hit him." -said Balion.
"Opposite poles against each other." -said Tobey.
"Correct, and by testing your abilities against each other we can see our strengths and weakness."
"Let's do this then." -said Sarah.

"And last, but not least, Arlene you will face me"
The others looked at her a bit worried. Balion walked up to her. "Telekinesis is much more than lifting things. It has the power to grab, lift, and crush with the power of your mind. Your mind is your greatest asset, it's your weapon, and you have to train your mind to it's full potential. Concentrate and you'll move any obstacle in your in your way."
"Alright Balion, I'll do my best." -said Arlene.
"I know you will, as will all of you." -said Balion.
"Let's begin then." -said Tobey.

They went to the training platform, Robert and Sally stood on opposite ends of the platform. "Are you ready Sally?" -said Robert while putting on his goggles.
Sally checked her guns and aimed them at Robert. "Ready Speedy."
"Platform, Combat Training!" -said Balion.

The platform widened and the ground began to shake. Barricades and small buildings appeared out of the ground. "Combat Training initiated." -said the platform's crystal.

Sally began to shoot as Robert quickly moved out of the way. He dodged every bullet and they ricocheted on the floor. Robert ran behind her and tapped Sally in the shoulder. "Tag, you're it!" She turned around furious and began shooting at him. "You little brat!"

One of the bullets went off the platform and was stopped by an invisible wall that surrounded the platform. As Robert and Sally fought, and Robert continued to annoy her by dodging every bullet, Tobey approached Sarah.