Scene 8 - Too late?

The tanker is now racing for the complex, Sram staring menacingly forward – the complex directly insight. The two crafts turn and race around towards the power plant. The massive, thick wheels stomping on the desert-like, the dust smoking around it. Ninestein in Battlehawk and Kate in Hawkwing watch in their crafts, communicating on radio.

Mary:

Tiger! We can't stop it!

Ninestein:

Zero, estimated time to impact?

Sergeant Major Zero:

Less than twenty seconds now.

Ninestein:

Right. We're getting out of here. Kate, get out of there.

Kate:

Not till I...

Ninestein:

KATE! If you would be able to destroy that tanker you would still destroy the complex! GET OUT!

Zeroid 99:

Seconds now sir!

The crafts spin around, to escape the incoming disaster! Sram in the craft materializes – and the craft drives straight into it! KABOOM! KABOOM! KABOOM! KABOOM! KABOOM! It erupts! A raging cascade of inferno! Roaring flames and burning smoke, exploding and exploding. KABOOM! KABOOM! It ceases, at last. The Terrahawk crafts turn around and watch the final explosion brighten at their faces.

Well, that wasn't that bad after all. Everyone got out, didn't they? And it seems like no harm has been done.

Ninestein:

No harm? The power plant has gone into oblivion and is probably starting to release deadly chemicals which we have no understanding of on the human body to the entire city of London, and you say no harm has been done.

Sergeant Major Zero:

The foolish lad does have a point though sir. I can't see anything.

Kate Kestrel:

Neither can I Tiger!

Hawkeye:

Me neither. Looks like nothing happened at all. They've lost! They've lost!

Mary:

Hold it Hawkwing!

Sergeant Major Zero:

In all my years in the service...

Zeroid 99:

Ooh, right. Bit of a shambles we're in now.

Hawkeye:

God damn it! I just had to say it, didn't I?

Kate Kestrel:

Tiger, what are we gonna do? Tiger, what are we gonna do?

Tiger watches speechless. He and the others watch flabbergasted at what remains of the complex – spewing with a thick green mucus with lumps of toxic waste bursting out. SPPTHHHHH! SSSSSPPPPPPTTTTTTTHHHHHHHHHH! It then writhes itself out of what remains of the Radlett power plant and begins gradually running down the hill behind the compound. Gallons upon gallons of thick, squelchy toxic remains, slimy and gooey chunks of poison, sludging downwards towards London – Zelda and her associates including Sram observe closely on the scanner, laughing once more hideously at the chaos and slime, sticking and engulfing anything in its path. Zelda cackles, like the horrid witch she is.

Zelda:

HA HA! WE'VE DONE IT! WE'VE DONE IT! AT LAST! WE HAVE FOOLED THEM! THAT SLIME WILL RUN DOWN ONTO EVERY CORNER OF THE CITY – AND ENGULF EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING!

They all laugh evilly together.

AND NOTHING CAN REMOVE THAT SLIME! IT WILL FAR TOO DIFFICULT TO MELT THE STUFF.

Cy-Star:

And if they did, it would only run faster! WON-DERFUL!

Zelda:

And the first town in the city the slime will engulf the sector Elstree! And over 5,000 people shall die! Screaming as they melt into it! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!