Chapter 7

*Warning this chapter may have some triggering content*

I cringed reading the text.

Was this guy trying to push me away as far as possible?

"Jess..." she started saying, her voice in a soft whisper. "It's not like that with him."

"I don't know babe," he mocked. "Maybe for him it is."

"But not for me!" Chiara exclaimed.

"I mean it's bad enough that you showed up to our meeting probably with his cum still in you!" Jess yelled back.

Chiara physically recoiled from this words. Tears pricked at her eyes, as her breath caught in her throat.

She just sat there, her mouth agape.

"Chia..."

Now Jess tried to back pedal.

Chiara shifted back to face the road. They arrived at the motel just as he had hurled his insult.

"Get out," she growled at him, low and unwavering.

"Chiara, please" Jess pleaded, his eyes cast to the floor.

"GET OUT!"

"No," he responded firmly. "Let me apologize."

"Let you?" she laughed a bitter laugh. "You know Jess, we just hooked up last night. That doesn't make you my goddamn boyfriend or anything?"

She didn't care if she made a cruel remark back to him. He deserved it.

"I'm not a fucking mind reader. You sit there and confess you've had feelings for me for years, but never said anything. Now you're pissed because what? My dick appointment is wondering where I am? I didn't know last night was going to happen. I certainly didn't know how you felt until you said something! And that's because I. AM. NOT. PSYCHIC. If you want to move our friendship forward into something else, you need to tell me. If you want to be exclusive, guess what? There needs to be two people present for that conversation!"

She wasn't going to stop.

"And honestly, you're projecting right now. You are sitting there with your insecurities, already jumping to the conclusion that I'm going to go meet up with this guy, WHO I DON'T EVEN KNOW HIS NAME, without even giving me the opportunity to show you how I feel!"

Shame and humiliation painted themselves across Jess's face. He sucked in a long breath.