never needed anything more

Succumbing to what appears to be ennui is something she has anticipated. Miserable would be far too exaggerated of a term to describe what she's feeling. She didn't exactly want anything, but her days are more or less monotonous.

Could a hobby solve it? Maybe she needed more friends? Christ, no. She immediately dismisses the latter thought. It's not like she's... unwilling to socialize, it's just, she prefers to keep her circle small. With a donkey of a friend she has who refuses to get off her ass whenever there is a chance, there really is no need for her to "socialize."

"Class, please settle down," the familiar voice jolts her awake from her musing. Her eyes flick lazily towards the front. Students were rushing to their seats, but what doesn't go amiss is how whispers could also be heard.

"...someone will be joining us starting today," Professor Kuze continues with a warm smile.

A red-haired man stands next to the professor, "I'm Isaac," he says simply. His voice was soft, continuing without as much as a glance to the other students. "I study physics."

Her eyebrow raises amidst the pause.

The red-haired student who referred to himself as Isaac merely gives them a glance – yet it is enough to engross the students.

All except her, perhaps.

Clearly, the new student is uncomfortable. There were incessant whispers for a moment, until the professor did Isaac a favor.

"Have a seat, Isaac."

He didn't have to be told twice. With a nod, he starts to march his way in the middle space then towards the back, where several empty seats were. There were only a few female students, and yet all of them were... gossiping...?

Somehow, it ticks her off – enough for her eyes to linger the direction where the student had taken.

Just as she expected, he did take one of the empty seats in the back. She almost wanted to roll her eyes at the typical cliché setting.

He gave off the introverted anti-social misfit boy vibe, the one that claims he wants to be invisible and yet his presence does the exact opposite.

His eyes were somewhere else for a while and she uses this time to observe him. His skin was slightly paler than what she's accustomed to. His hair... red – not the typical eye-catching red, it was... rosy, red..? And his eyes...

Her soul almost left her body when he looked right back at her, likely feeling her gaze on him.

Still, he's the one who breaks eye contact – she's even more confused now, raising her eyebrows in utter confusion before... giving the strange exchange they had a rest.

She decides to focus her attention on the lecture.

*

"Alright, anyone up for some extra credit?" Asks Professor Kuze. Complaints from the students could be heard, most seemingly uninterested and the rest were rushing to leave.

Some students raised their hands, and so did she – gesturing that she was up for the task.

"Very well then. Please occupy the seats in the front, I'll be giving–"

"C..Can I join in too?" A meek voice speaks. She doesn't recognize the voice that she immediately had a hunch of who it belonged to.

"Of course," nods Professor Kuze.

Mathematics is often considered to be a challenging subject for most students. She agrees too, a bit ironic considering her course is... applied mathematics.