Adversary

"John de Vega. This is the man you will be studying. The leader of the Mexican cartel has escaped a maximum security black site. For the next few weeks I want you to cancel all your plans. You will learn everything there is to know. I don't want you to eat, sleep, or breathe without thinking about this case-"

"Hey Chief the new agent is here, should I show her in?" One of the many officers in the small briefing room interrupted.

Chief Davis barked an affirmative reply. He was clearly annoyed that he had been cut short.

"Hi, I am Sara Walters reporting for duty." Agent Walters graduated top of her class back in the academy. At age 30 she hadn't had a boyfriend since high school. Work was her passion and she was faithful in that marriage. She was a no no nonsense gal. An attribute the Chief expected out of every team member assigned to the International Organized Crime Unit.

"Good morning, You weren't scheduled to report until after lunch Agent," said Chief Davis.

"Well Sir, I'm always early when their is an open case."

"Very good, find a seat. We were just discussing the ins and outs of the De Vega case. I hope you're ready. This isn't the academy anymore and you have been assigned a vital role in this investigation."