Chapter 2 : Settling in

After a long journey from the airport, the Uber finally arrived at an impressive gateway adorned with a large white wall bearing the name 'Villas Neighborhood.'

Inside, a vigilant guard noticed our arrival and swiftly made his way towards us, and with a card in hand, he opened a small gate and walked over.

"Are you ladies moving in?" The guard inquired politely, and I provided him with our names, which he meticulously recorded in a small book.

Afterward, he opened the main gate with a press of a button, granting us access.

As we entered, we were greeted with a breathtaking sight of the luxurious community.

The houses were beautifully designed, surrounded by exquisite gardens featuring water fountains and statues.

It was a dreamlike setting that anyone would love to call home.

Eventually, our car halted in front of an incredibly elegant two-story house, adorned with a statue on one side and a garden on the other.

Excitedly, we got out of the car, squealing with joy before we retrieved our luggage, and made our way inside.

The interior of the house was a vision of elegance, with white-coated walls and laminated floors.

The living room was neatly arranged, and the kitchen lay adjacent to it.

Ascending the staircase, I explored the upper floor until I reached Meloni's room.

Her room was charmingly coated in pink, featuring a white walk-in closet on one side, a queen-size bed adorned with teddy bears in the center, nightstands on either side, and a window offering a picturesque view of the outside.

"This is nice," I told her, smiling as her eyes literally sparkled.

"I know." She grinned with excitement.

Moving on, I discovered my own room, painted in cream-white with similar aesthetics to Meloni's but boasting a small balcony that overlooked the neighboring house and lawn.

I bet Meloni didn't see this one!

Ha!

In the excitement of our new home, I decided to call my mother and share the news.

We spoke for a really long time.

"Gabriella let's go!" Meloni shouted, reminding me that we were going shopping.

"I will be there in a sec!" I yelled, ending the phone call with my mom after telling her I love her and missed her, before I grabbed my purse, joining Meloni who was already waiting on the couch.

"Are you ready?" I smiled at her then we went outside, The car that my dad bought will be here any minute now."

"Cool. What kind of car?"

"I don't know, my dad said he's going to surprise me and Matthew was the one who picked it out," Matthew was her older brother, who was living in another state teaching.

A car drove at the same moment and parked in front of us.

Soon, a man with a bald head and a friendly demeanor approached us in a grey tuxedo suit and a sweet smile. "Hello ladies, I am Mr. Young. This Baby right here's for Meloni Clark," He pointed to a beautiful red Jaguar.

Meloni eyes bulged from her sockets with shock and excitement. "Oh my God, that's me! Dad got me my dream car," she beamed.

"Can I see some verification before I hand the keys over?"

"No problem!" Ecstatic, Meloni handed over her identification for verification.

Once confirmed, he pulled a set of paper out.  "Now sign here and here and... Here and you can go where ever you ladies were going."

He then handed the keys to her new ride.

"Okay, ladies. That is it. Here are your car keys have a great day," the man waved at us and walked to the other side of the road, and entered a black Nissan car.

Which we didn't notice before.

"Well, what are you waiting for? Get in," I told her with excitement that k felt for her.

Eager to begin our shopping adventure, we hopped into the sleek car, Meloni behind the wheel before we drove out of the community, the gateway automatically opened. "This is so much fun!" She screamed, making me laugh out.

With enthusiasm, we both cheered, "Let's go shopping!"