Part1

• Dedicated to Hayden

I walked up to my best friend who was standing in front of my house. I hugged him as he said" i have something to show you. He grabbed my hand and led me into the woods. It was getting dark so i said " lets go back home"

" wait" he said as he guided me to a small waterfall. We sat on a rock together. " now just wait" he said. As it got darker i started to see fireflies. When it got really dark it looked like the fireflies were neon stars. There were so many." Keith are you okay?" I asked

"Yeah why ?" He asked back. " well, you know ,you're usually laughing and joking around, but you seem so... sad" i finished." Im tired thats all" he said. Thats when i knew something was wrong, Keith was never tired... like ever. "Yeah right,come on tell me whats wrong" i said nudging him with my shoulder."fine its just... i have been keeping a secret from you ever since mom died 2 months ago" he said" when my mom died my dad...umm... he may or may not have turned abusive" a tear escaped his eye. I hugged him then stared deep into his blue eyes. " thats not all" he said and pushed up the sleeves of his orange hoodie. His arms were marked with cuts. There were so many. I started bawling like a little baby. Why him? Out of all the 14 year old boys in the world ,he (the nicest boy I've met in my life) has to go through all this." Why did you do this?!!" I finally asked " i felt like no one cared about me anymore". " i care about you!!" I screamed." Hey victoriA? Do you wanna sleepover at my house tonight?" He asked calmly. " what and watch you get beaten by your dad and then watch you cut yourself?, no thanks!!" I yelled. I stood up to leave but then saw his face.he was on the edge of tears. I ran up to him, almost knocking him off of the rock and cried into his ear " I'm sorry i dint mean it its just i couldn't live without you, you're my best friend". He hugged me tightly. " i love you " i heard him say, and we both knew he didn't mean it as in a best friend. Then i slammed my lips into his. At first his eyes widened with fear but then he closed them , relaxed, and kissed me back. It got a little passionate as he kissed me roughly and bit my bottom lip. He grabbed my waist and pulled me closer to him. Who knew my best friend could be such a good kisser?he kissed my neck and i ran my hands trough his hair.We stopped and he asked " so, ya still coming over?"