.:Prologue:.

The moonlight danced on the water, light surrounding two silhouettes. Hushed whispers could be heard from them, What were they saying? A light breeze blew downwind from them, sending their scents to the incoming patrol.

"What is that terrible smell?" A voice in the patrol snarled.

Another chuckled, "Smells like rogues," They pause and scents the air. "No, they're kittypets!"

The patrol moved toward the kittypets. The kittypets looked up eyes gleaming, a pair of green and a pair of yellow. They narrowed their eyes, turned tail, and fled. Ha! Go back to your gardens! Mouse-brains! A shadow, a cat, flew past chasing the kittypets.

"You better not come back!" The cat spat, and slowed to a trot. "Or you'll deal with me!"

"Shadowpelt! Come on back, we need to finish our patrol. " A leaders voice rang out.

Shadowpelt raced back and led the patrol around its course and back to camp. Most of the cats were asleep, apprentices all in dens but a few warriors sit in the moonlight.

"Everyone get some rest now, lost of training and things to do tomorrow!" The leader reminded and headed to go rest as well, nodding to the newly named warriors sitting vigil.

--------------------------------------------------