Chapter 7: The Start Of A Rivalry

Eventually, Sorrel fell asleep, and the next morning, he awoke to the smell of cooking meat.

"Coran, where did you get that?" He asked, licking his lips.

"Just hunting around." she said, smirking. "And, by the way, yesterday we didn't have a proper reunion." Coran and Sorrel stood, and Coran smiled and hugged Sorrel tightly.

"Aah!" Sorrel screamed in pain and fell to the ground, twisting so he landed on his left side.

"Sorrel?" Coran asked, helping him up. "What's wrong?" Sorrel winced again, and for the first time she noticed how he only used his left hand to get up, and how he limped with his right side.

"I'll show you." He said.

Lifting up his shirt, Sorrel revealed a long, deep brushburn that stretched from his shoulder to his foot.

"Oh my God, Sorrel." Coran said.

"Fell off my horse." Sorrel winced and started to fall.

Coran helped Sorrel sit back by the campfire, where Murtagh was up and tending to the fish.

"How'd everyone sleep?" He asked.

"Fine." The other two answered in unison. Coran got up again after gulping down her food.

"Where are you going?" Murtagh asked, settling himself on a log by the campfire.

"Find some herbs for you two." she said, walking toward Thorn.

Morning, Little one. Thorn said, yawning.

"Hey, Thorn." She said out loud. "Want to come with me? We have to find some decent medicine for those two, " she gestured toward the factory, "Or we'll be stuck here until they heal."

Thorn seemed to nod. My wings itch to fly, but I 'm afraid that people in Queensmart will see us.

Coran nodded defeatedly. "I guess you're right, but it would be nice to have someone along for protection." Coran unsheathed her sword and stalked back toward the steel factory.

"Bye!" she shouted.

"Be careful!" Sorrel and Murtagh shouted back in unison. Then, unbeknownst to Coran, they both glared at each other.