Preface

Despite the hot, musky breath that St. Louis Summers always give us, today was different.

Or should I say...This week was different...

It was raining all week.

Most people in this small town of Oakville hate the rain. It flooded roads and rivers, but I loved the rain.

Today was Sunday, and I had all my homework finished. I had a LOT of free time as a senior in High School, so why not do what I do best?

Write...

But there was one problem...

I was stumped on how to start my new book...

What I normally do is I watch the news to find out what's new, and write a fictional story about that, but I already did that, and nothing was good enough..

That's what you get when you live in a small township...

Okay, this isn't even a township, I don't think...

While I was thinking, I got a call from my friend, Kerri.

I picked up the phone, and said, "Hey, what's up?"

"Hey Adrian, did you see the news today?"

I must have missed something...because I saw nothing good...

"No, what is it? Is it something to write about?" I asked.

"Hell yeah! Two 12 year old girls stabbed someone in a forest." She stated.

Wait..

How did I miss THAT?!

That's JUICY!

"How did I miss that?!" I asked and opened up Microsoft word. "C'mon! Details! Details!"

As she was explaining the details, I was typing them up as fast as I could. These were juicy details!

When she was finished, I typed up the last word, thanked her, and hung up.

Boy, would this make a goodstory...