5

It's a day to my date and I'm nervous as shit. We've been talking for days on end. I've been low key looking forward to it because I was starting to like her.

"My date is tomorrow," I said to Chinwe as we were watching tv with her head on my lap and me stroking her hair gently.

"I know." She said coldly. She has been acting weird all week especially when I brought up anything about the date.

"I'm kind of nervous," I said ignoring the coldness.

"You should be."

"Ok. What the fuck?." I said as I pushed her off my lap. "Every time I bring up anything about the date, you start acting weird."

"I don't act weird." She said as she continued watching tv. I took the remote and turned off the tv.

"What the hell?. Turn it back on." She tried to reach for the remote but I hid it behind me.

"No."

"No?"

"No!"

She tried to reach for the remote again but I made it nearly impossible for her to reach it. "Give it back, Aisha."

"Not until you talk to me. I need my best friend right now. I said I'm nervous."

"And I said you should be." She air quoted, immediately dragging the remote out of my hand.

"Fine," I said as I began to get off the couch. "Where are you going?" She asked.

"To talk to someone that's going to give me attention." I began to walk away from the couch and the next thing I knew my face was hitting the floor, she tripped me. "What the fuck?" I screamed.

"That's what you get." She said smiling. "Not funny." I stood up and began to walk away.

"Please stop. I'm sorry." She said standing up and coming in front of me so we could face each other. "Ok, sit. Let's talk." She pulled me down and she sat next to me.

"What's making you nervous?" She laid down and put her feet on my lap. I shook my head. "I don't know. Maybe it's the fact that I'm going on a date with someone I like and I'm going to be seeing for the first time." I tried not to sound sarcastic but I'm pretty sure she got the message. She rolled her eyes.

"It's okay to be nervous. I'm pretty sure she is too." I looked at her. "What kind of stupid ass advice is that?." I pushed her legs off me. "Bro, I'm going to get some alcohol. You want some?" I asked as I got off the couch.

"Yeah." She smacked my butt with her feet as I was leaving. "Private property," I said as I walked off. She scoffed.

I got vodka, I was going to pour it into two glasses but just took the whole bottle. I needed to get my mind off the date and alcohol seemed like the only way to do that, I was pretty sure I would regret it in the morning.

I poured into both glasses and handed her hers and took mine. I turned on the tv put it on MTV, Tory Lanez freak me was playing and for a second I imagined Chinwe grinding on me. I downed my alcohol immediately erasing such outrageous thoughts from my mind.

"Wanna play truth or dare?" My head immediately shot up. "Ahn?" I said as I wasn't sure I heard her right?

"Wanna play truth or dare?" I did hear her right. "What are we? 15?" I asked giving her the you can't be serious look. "Common don't be such a bore." She took a sip from her drink.

"Fine."

She sat up "ok. Truth or dare?"

Not really trusting her right now I decided to play it safe. "Truth."