Chapter 5

"Are you ready? We are only going for a little bit because we have reservations at Giovanni's." Said Dee to Kevin as she brushed her long blonde tresses.

"That's what you're wearing?" He said looking at her tight sleeveless white blouse and tight leather short black skirt.

"Yes, can we go already?" She said walking to the door. "So, we are staying around fifteen minutes." She said as they walked towards Stephanie's house.

"Dee, this is your childhood friend that is leaving. And you're only spending fifteen minutes with her?"

"I barely see her anymore, plus she's only going to be forty-five minutes away. What does it matter to you?"

"Just saying." He said as he opened the door. Inside they meet with James and his girlfriend, Geena. "How is it going?"

"Dee, hi." Said Stephanie walking down the stairs. Kevin turned around to look at her. She was wearing a short red dress that he just wanted to rip off her body. As she hugged and kissed Dee she stared at him.

"Hi, sweetie. We just came to say hi and bye. We have reservations at Giovanni's. Couldn't cancel." Said Dee looking at Kevin and then back at Stephanie. "Want to thank you for giving Kevin a hand."

"What?" Stephanie quickly asked.

"With the boys and the house. You know, while I've been working nights. I'm sure he really appreciated it. I'm thanking you in case he doesn't thank you."

"Oh, it was no problem." Said Stephanie nervously trying not to look at Kevin that Matthew had pulled away.

"What's up Matthew?" Said Kevin while Matthew handed him a beer.

"She's leaving tomorrow."

"Tomorrow? That's soon. Why are you trying to ship her out of here so fast?" Kevin answered, trying to make it sound like a joke.

"You know why, Kevin. It's not right what you two are doing."

"Hey, man, we are not doing anything. And she's an adult, you can't tell her what to do."

"What's going on?" asked Dee, walking into the kitchen.

"Nothing Dee." Said Matthew. "Haven't seen you for a while."

"Well, you've been away too." She said as Stephanie walked into the kitchen. "Kevin, we got to go. Sorry, Steph, that we can't stay longer." Dee said as she quickly hugged Stephanie and walked away.

Matthew walked after Dee leaving Kevin and Stephanie in the kitchen by themselves. "So, you're leaving tomorrow."

"Yeah, Matt wants me out of here."

"Kevin! Let's go!" Yelled Dee from the living room.

Kevin grabbed Stephanie and held her tight. "I wish you wouldn't have to go." He whispered into her ear.

"Me neither." She didn't want to let him go. He slowly pulled away and squeezed her hand as he walked away.