Chapter 18

*Pari Pov*

Today we were all working calmly of course, except Shilpa who is just doing stupid things like makeup, browsing personal stuff etc..

We all tried to tell her that she shouldn't do those things and should complete her work. But as usual, she is not listening at all.

Before the lunch break, Maam and Mr.Akash came out of their cabins and said there is some announcement, and we all should go into the conference hall.

What is the announcement? They should tell me before telling all of them right!

Anyway, now we all are standing at the conference hall and waiting for them. When they reached they got on to the stage.

Mr.Akash said, "We are going to have a new job here."

Everyone started to talk, but he raised his hand and said, "No! Another new member is not going to come here and join. The job is the counselor one and also care taker."

"One of you is going to get appointed to this job. This is going to be an extra duty to that person. The person is going to be like next to both of us." Maam said.

"The remaining employees should write their problems and everything in a letter and place it in a box which we are going to place on every floor. Then that person will read and answer them by sending email containing answers for every problem or question every week." Mr.Akash said.

"In short words that a person is going to be the mediator between us and all the employees and is going to get the honor next to us." Maam said.

"You all are going to select the person with votes, which are going to conduct in the next week. If we don't like the person, then we both can select one instead of that selected one. Please don't forget that." Mr.Akash said.

I think this is not the plan because Maam suddenly looked at Mr.Akash shocked. What is he planning to do?

After that announcement, we all left to go to a lunch break. When we are sitting in the canteen, everyone was just thinking deeply about the announcement.

"Guys, don't think that much. We will know the selected person by next week." I said.

"And we all know that you are going to be that person." Rani said.

"Come on guys be serious. Why would I be.? I said.

"In this company, you are most deserving, Pari. When this company is breaking down, you are the one that's saved it and everyone in the company knows about that. So we are sure." Sakshi said.

"But..." I started to say, but stopped myself when they gave me that says 'Shut up! We know better'.

"I am completely sure about that, Pari. So, don't even try to say something else." Imran said.

I shrugged and continued eating. I am actually going through a slight heart-breaking process. He is acting completely weird with me.

By the next week, everyone voted for the person they think is suitable for that job, and I too voted for 'Rani' because she is here in this company for a longer time than me and is also capable so.

Again, we all reached the conference hall for the announcement. Everyone looked at me smiling. I mean each and every one.

Now I am actually kind of sure that I am the one they selected.

After few minutes, Both Mr.Akash and Maam reached the stage, but Maam is looking completely disappointed.

What happened to her?