Chapter 2

Elena looked at the time. It was at eight pm. Elena spent the day with the originals. If something Elena knew she had a bigger crush on Elijah. Than ever before. "I better be going. - I have school tomorrow." Elena now spoke. Rebekah beamed. "I'm going to school. - you can stay here." Rebekah said. Elena gave a nod. "Let me ring Jenna." Elena spoke. As she got up and left the room. Elijah watched as Elena left. "Hey. - talk to her. - listen to her. - be there for her." Klaus now spoke. Elijah now turned his attention back to Klaus. "We have had this conversation before Klaus. - I can't. - I won't." Elijah now said. Elena walked back into the room. " I just have to get some clothes. - and my school bag." Elena spoke. "I will bring you." Klaus spoke. Elena gave a nod. "Thank you Klaus." Elena spoke. Even though she wanted Elijah to bring her.

Now on the way to her aunts house. Klaus and Elena were talking. "Elena do you like Elijah?" Klaus now asks. "Yes I do." Elena now spoke. "Do you have feelings for him?" Klaus asks. Elena looked over at Klaus. "What do you know?" Elena asks. "Answer my question. - then I tell you." Klaus never took his eyes off of the road. Elena sighed. "Yes I do." Elena answered. "Elijah likes you. -but he won't cause he thinking of his age and yours. - but I think there's more to this. - you will have to make the first move." Klaus now said. Elena now looked over at Klaus. " I'm not sure that I can. - I would love to. - but I can't." Elena spoke. They pulled up to Elena's house. "You coming in?" Elena asks. Klaus shook his head. Elena went in got some clothes. Her school bag. And was heading out. Before she could get to Klaus's car she was stopped. "Your coming with me." He said. "Screw you no I'm not." Elena said. Klaus got out of the car and swished to Elena's side. "Didn't you hear her? She said screw you Damon." Klaus now spoke. Damon put his hands up in surrender. "I'll get her. - one day." Damon said.

Back at the mansion. Elena and Klaus walked in. "We have a problem. - Damon tried to take Elena." Klaus spoke. Elena rolled her eyes. "I'm fine. - it's not like I won't be around Rebekah at school." Elena said. "And what about the rest of the day?" Klaus now turned to Elena. "Stefan nor Damon are invited in." Elena said. "What about Jenna or Jeremy they could invite them in." Rebekah stated. "Okay. - I see your point. - one of you could always sneak in." Elena said. They all thought about it. "Right. - let us talk about it." Kol spoke. Elena gave a nod. Elena walked to the kitchen and made herself a cup of coffee. She got a feeling that she was being watched. So she looked around. She saw no one. She went back into the living room. "I think there is someone outside." Elena said. Elijah and Klaus stayed inside while Kol and Rebekah swished out. "I'm not safe anywhere am I?" Elena now asks. Elijah pulled Elena in for a hug. "We will protect you. - at any cost." Elijah spoke. Elena put her arms around Elijah's waist. Putting her head onto Elijah's chest. Rebekah and Kol walked back in. "Damn Damon and Stefan." Kol spoke. "Stefan? He going along with this. - even though you two are together?" Elena said. Rebekah gave a nod. "I don't care if he is my boyfriend. - I will do what it takes to protect you." Rebekah said. "Could he be fooling Damon? - like he would be invited in here. - and wouldn't that be the perfect plan." Elena said. Stefan walked into the living room. "Your one smart girl Elena. - that's exactly what I'm doing." Stefan said.

Stefan stood there. "I can explain. - if you give me a chance." Stefan spoke. They all gave a nod. "Caroline rang me to meet her. - and I did. - Caroline told me that Klaus told her that he wasn't to go after Elena. - to release his wolf side. - but Damon and Bonnie won't believe me. - so I'm pretending to help them. - as is Caroline."  Stefan now explained. Rebekah now swished to her boyfriend. "Why do you believe Caroline over Damon?" Elena now challenged. That's something Stefan couldn't explain. So he swished out. "Is there something that I'm missing?" Elena now asks.  Everyone shook their heads. "No your not. - you have hit the head on the head there." Rebekah now on the verge of tears. " I thought. - I just thought for one second that he was about to he was telling the truth." Rebekah swished off to her room. Caroline came in. "Are you helping Damon and Stefan?" Klaus now asks. Caroline shook her head. "No of course not." Caroline spoke. "Not even pretending to be?" Elijah asks. "No of course not." Caroline said. Everyone gave a nod. "What is with all the questions?" Caroline now asks. "Stefan came here claiming to be on our side. - and said that you were pretending to be on Damon's side." Elena explained. "And Stefan isn't on our side?" Caroline asks. Rebekah swished down. "It doesn't seem so." Rebekah now spoke. You could tell that she had been crying.

The day at school. Rebekah blanked Stefan. Caroline blanked both Stefan and Bonnie. And hung around Elena and Rebekah all day. Elena had all her classes either with Caroline or Rebekah or both apart from one. And that was her last class that day. Stefan was going to grab her straight after the class need. But Elena was smarter than Stefan gave her credit for. She had her bag packed. And ready to go. The bell rang and with Elena near the door her escape was easier than Stefan getting her. He couldn't use his speed to get to her. She caught up with Rebekah at her locker. "Hey. - you okay?" Rebekah now concerned about Elena. "Stefan was in my last class. - I sat near the door. - packed my books into my bag five minutes before hand. - and got out when the bell rang. - I'm not safe. - here. - I'm not safe at your house. - I'm not safe at my house. - am I ever going to be safe?" Elena now walking towards Rebekah's car now.