Chapter Five

When I wake up, we are at Gemma and Harry's house. I stretch like a cat and yawn. Harry just sits in the drivers seat, smiling.

"Did you draw on my face or something? Why are you smiling Harry" I question, feeling my face for the sticky resin of marker.

Luckily, I don't feel anything.

"No, I didn't draw on your beautiful face Dixie" he says, making my cheeks turn fire truck red.

"Aww! Did I make my Dixie blush?"

He called me "his" deep inside me I knew I liked it, but on the surface I ignored it. "I miss Gemma." I pout.

He smirks and gets out of the car. Like before he opens my door and holds out his hand to help me out.

I ignore it and hop out of the car. "Looks like Gemma is out." He says nonchalantly. "Must be getting snacks."

I walk closer to him as grip his hand. My fear is taking over and at this point, I have no control over my emotions.

"Oh babe, here" he says, holding my waist and giving me a pity smile.

"We'll hurry" he says, rushing me to the door.

We get inside safely and I turn the lights on, half expecting to see Gemma's lifeless body on the couch.

I don't.

"Why don't we sit down Dixie" Harry says, still holding onto my hand.

I do as I am told and sit. Harry sits close to me and pulls me into his lap.

I am tired and confused, so I curl up in his lap and let him stroke my pony tail.

I look around the room and at the same time we spot a note from Gemma.

"I will be out tonight! Sorry guys! My boyfriend James is back in town :)" Harry reads.

I frown. "I guess I should go then" I mumble.

Harry grabs my waist and pulls me down on the couch.

"Why don't you stay?" He asks. His voice is so smooth and sexy. Oh god! No, no it is not! I tell myself.

Harry smirks. "Hmm... Smooth and sexy. That is what I was going for"

I mentally stab myself in the temple with a chopstick. I am such an idiot. The habit is back.

"Maybe I should go lay down, I am pretty tired" I say.

He looks at me and smiles. "Why don't you just lay on the couch. I'll protect you."

This sounded tempting. I have been having some pretty graphic nightmares lately. "Okay, I would like that"

He smiles and nods. "I thought so."

I lay down and he switches on the television.

We flip through channels and finally decide on an American movie called "Black Dahlia"

It was quite frightening actually. About a brutal murder in L.A. during the 40's.

I cringed as they inspect the crime scene. The girl has been cut in half.

"Maybe we should change this..." Harry says slowly.

"NO!" I yell. "I am watching this."

He smirks and moves a piece of fallen hair from my face. "I don't think this will help you sleep peacefully Dixie" he says, leaving a gentle kiss on my temple.

I blush and sit up. "Why are you so nice to me all of a sudden. Is it because you pity me?" I ask.

He looks astonished and shakes his head. "No, I just want us to be friends."

I know he is holding back, but I just lean forward and kiss his cheek. "Night Harry" I say before laying down and drifting off to sleep.

{A/N I will update once more tonight. I have issues. I love righting this. I am also starting another story. I have yet to come up with a name. It is about to people who fall in love even though their age difference restricts them from really being together. Nothing too crazy though. It will be goo hopefully. I don't know. If anyone thinks of a good name, please, comment and tell me! :) }