♛ chapter one.

park funding enterprises. founded 1970. one of the largest funding companies in korea, and the largest the continent of asia has ever seen. a fortune of $5.5 billion dollars and a strong, powerful family legacy spanning decades. but, despite their vast amount of money and high-ranking social status, park funding enterprises is a business like no other. the park family is a family like no other. there's much more beneath all their riches.

ever since the company's beginning, park funding enterprises has had close ties with the mafia of korea. they're famously known for providing financial backing for the highest acclaimed casinos across seoul, daegu, and busan. their the ones keeping those casinos interesting & alive. at the same time, park funding enterprises provides major backing to casinos heavily associated with mafia gangs. 50% of their money is completely legal, while the rest is completely illegal. it could either come from normal distribution between the two parties & the company's hard work, or it could come from gambling, ransom money, gang-related business, or even scandals, lawsuits, & the casino suing someone. hell, park funding enterprises could even add to their multi-billion dollar empire with the casino completely shutting down.

& of course, park funding enterprises is heavily respected by gangs for keeping their favorite casinos alive. they're also respected for having all that money in their bank account. and of course, someone has to carry on the park family legacy, making sure that respect for the company sticks. the current CEO is bound to step down someday, so who will be the next to make sure park funding enterprises upholds their power?

the park family has now added two daughters to their family tree. park dahyun, the oldest, & park ah-reum, the youngest. dahyun has upheld her heiress title ever since she was born, which meant 21 years of being addressed as 'miss heiress' at every party or business event to ever exist. ah-reum was the next best thing, the one who would carry the title of heiress if her sister didn't want to anymore, since dahyun had all the right to give it up as ah-reum existed. up until her older sister's 21st birthday, ah-reum had nothing to do with the business. all she knew is that her family was rich, her family was powerful. but, she was still a normal teenager, trying to head off to SOPA to become a dancer.

ah-reum was as normal as she could get, but it all changed for her at just 19 years old. at 19 years old, dahyun suddenly dropped her title as heiress, wanting to work on a lower branch of the company since 'being an heiress is just too demanding'. at 19 years old, ah-reum had to give up her lifelong dream of becoming a dancer. she had to give up SOPA. she had to give up her only chance to become not only rich because of the park family legacy, but rich because of her talents. at 19 years old, ah-reum was the new heiress to park funding enterprises.

ah-reum now had to endure 3 years of business training instead of 3 years of studying at a performing arts school. she had to learn what dahyun had learned in the past 21 years. she had to learn every aspect of business. how to negotiate, how to show dominance, and how to spend money wisely. but, most importantly, ah-reum had to learn the aspects of the mafia.

when her father resigned from his position as CEO in 2016, it was finally ah-reum's time. the entire company was praising and congratulating her. the news was across almost every channel ever: 'park funding enterprises finally receives their first female CEO'. almost everyone in korea attended the press conference, and millions watched it live. her dreams of becoming a world-renowned dancer were finally behind her, and all she was focused on was becoming a powerful CEO. hell, even more powerful than her father was. at 22 years old, ah-reum became the CEO of park funding enterprises.