♛ chapter two.

ah-reum finished applying the second wing around her eye, the bold eyeliner making her eyes striking and piercing. the CEO's older sister, dahyun, was curling her short black hair, watching herself intently in the mirror. "so, what is all this about?" dahyun asked. sticking a pair of sparkly black dangle earrings in her ear, ah-reum answered her sister's question. "there's a party tonight, and no, i'm not going because i want to." ah-reum responded. "another round of business is awaiting me at that party. apparently, one of the casinos we're funding down in busan wants us to get a certain government official in a little trouble." dahyun hummed in interest, picking up a makeup brush to do some contouring.

"and who is this 'certain government official'?" the older girl asked. ah-reum finished sticking the other earring in her ear, picking up a brush to run through her silky hair. "kim daesung. highest branch in the government." ah-reum answered. she saw dahyun scowl at the name. "ugh, i know him. a real tyrannical bitch." the short-haired girl seethed. ah-reum, still brushing her hair, fully agreed with her sister. "you don't have to tell me twice." she said. "the bastard is threatening the casino daily just because he got bad service one day."

dahyun chuckled in amusement. "we can't have that." she said. ah-reum laughed at her older sister's little joke, sticking a hairpin in her hair to hold back her bangs. "not at all." she responded. "that's why when my part is done, the casino's going to ransom him off. i don't know for how much, but i do know park funding enterprises is getting more than half the money." dahyun ooh-ed approvingly. "you've struck gold with that, haven't you, ah-reum?" the short-haired older girl asked. ah-reum smiled, putting the final touches on her hair style. "i guess you could say that," the 25-year-old CEO answered. she ran a hand through her hair, looking at herself through the mirror one last time. "but i'm pretty sure gold is worth more than that government fucker."

the two sisters burst into laughter at ah-reum's degrading joke. with that, the two continued getting ready for a night filled with another round of business, (illegal) money, and of course, copious amounts of alcohol.

"ah! hello there, ladies!" a bodyguard exclaimed (although he looked much too short to be one), dressed to look all prim and proper with a suit framing his lanky body, a fancily decorated handkerchief stuck into his pocket. "you two look stunning today." ah-reum glanced at her sister & byungchul, then back at the bodyguard. "i suppose we do." the CEO responded. the truth is, the sisters did look stunning. ah-reum was dressed in a slit black dress, its sleeves long and it pulled down just enough so ah-reum's shoulders were revealed. her iconic pair of jimmy choo heels completed the look. meanwhile, dahyun was dressed in a knee-length skintight dress, the high collar accentuating her neck & a pair of black high heeled boots making her taller than she already was.

the bodyguard smiled at ah-reum's comment. "did someone invite you here, ladies?" he asked. "because you look quite familiar... the oh-so-powerful CEO of park funding enterprises." ah-reum forced a laugh through gritted teeth, the condescending tone in the bodyguard's voice making the 25-year-old take it as an insult. yeah, the oh-so powerful CEO that will snap your neck if you use that tone with me again. ah-reum thought, not saying it out loud as she didn't want to cause trouble so early. "yes, in fact. kim daesung." the girl replied.

"oh, the highest in charge. you must be privileged." the bodyguard said. ah-reum discreetly rolled her eyes. "anyways, step right inside. the party will start shortly." ah-reum nodded, pushing through the crowd of people that were struggling to get in. byungchul and dahyun were close behind. "he looked like a baby compared to me." byungchul joked. ah-reum let out an airy chuckle at that while dahyun rolled her brown eyes. "okay, byungchul, we know you're tall." she said. that only made ah-reum laugh harder as she walked forward, scanning the large span of tables to find a proper place to sit... preferably where daesung was. her smile dropped as her concentration increased, and then, she finally spotted the man's head of black hair.