0.4

Yoongi's house was messy

Yoongi's house was messy.  Sketches of different women of different races were sprawled over the floor.  Paint Brushes and buckets of paint coated the couches, chairs, and tables.

A single grand piano stood isolated and deserted, making it seem pristine compared to the cluttered.

"You still play?" Jae Hwa asked, her eyes shined at the black and ivory keys.  

Yoongi smiled, his fingers brushing a few notes of a random Mozart tune.  "Just a bit."

Jae Hwa's lips gave a slight smile before glancing at the time.  "I can only stay for a few more hours."

"I know, eager to go home after a long day of work." Yoongi raised his hands in defense before stationing himself at a blank canvas.

Even though Yoongi says this, he couldn't feel more opposed.  After being confined to the solitude of his home for hours, he needed to leave.  Hence the reason for an artistic epiphany at the bar. His new muse being his former classmate.

"Sit there." He pointed at the couch as he grabbed a pencil, sharpening it with a pocket knife.

"On the couch?" Jae Hwa looked at the couch stained with yellow and blue splotches, unaware of the actual color, as tons of pints of paint laid out.

Jae Hwa took the silence as a response as she sat awkwardly at the corner.

"Aish, look uncomfortable." Yoongi is exasperated.

Jae Hwa tucked a leg over the other before giving a shy smile.  "I'm sorry. I don't mean to be difficult. I honestly don't know what to do."

Yoongi rolls his eyes before inching close and brushing his nose against Jae Hwa's.  His fingers we're skilled and radiated warmth and confidence. Yoongi gently tucked the fabric of her white blouse between his nimble fingers.  "It's stuffy in here. Lose a couple of buttons."

He gave a side smirk as Jae Hwa face and neck redden.  She hadn't worn less than all of the buttons unless she was in the comfort of her home.

"Yoongi, I-I didn't know it was this type of-"

Yoongi flickered his tongue against his lips before speaking.  "We're just friends. Nothing else is going further than that. I wouldn't want to damage what we cannot already salvage."

Jae Hwa tilted her head confused before nodding.  It was just a quick sketch. Nothing out of sorts.  Besides, it was just Yoongi, there was no reason why she should be feeling like this.  She loves... She loved Seokjin.

She carefully watched Yoongi as he hovered over her weak frame.  Jae Hwa's hands shook greatly as she unbuttons the first two buttons before fluffing out her hair.

Yoongi glances once more at her figure before taking a seat and his sketchbook and letting his imagination take its course as he drew his perception of the gorgeous Jae Hwa.

•••

Jae Hwa's eyes fluttered open as she was slumped against the same couch from last night.

She staggered off sliding on a piece of paper, feeling slightly disoriented.  She crashes on the hard wooden floors. 

Yoongi stumbles into the living with a baseball bat as he watched Jae Hwa's body struggling to rise.  He let a low chuckle before grabbing her waist gingerly and tugging her into her feet.

Jae Hwa gazed into Yoongi's eyes as he leaned in slowly.  "Jae Hwa...". He whispered.

An irritating consistent beeping sound interrupting their intimacy as Jae Hwa gasps, "Kai!"

"Kai?"

Yoongi pulled back, hurt clouding his dark eyes, as Jae Hwa slid on her shoes, rushing out the door.  "Thanks, Yoongles! Show me the sketch some other time?"

The door slammed shut as Yoongi kicked an empty can of paint, chuckling dryly to himself.

•••

Kai pouted sitting on his front porch waiting for his older sister to drop him off to school.  His chubby hands rested against his cheeks as he waited eagerly.

He knew his Jae Hwa had to work ever at midnight, but how can he not feel abandoned?  His parents weren't there for him for reasons he couldn't comprehend. His only family member was barely there for him.  Kai was the only child in his whole class living with his sister and he was bullied harshly for that. He felt like he wasn't wanted and that he didn't belong.

Even though he was young, Kai didn't want to put his sorrows or concerns on his sister.  He knew she was trying her best. He saw that she never ate and lost weight. He could feel Jae Hwa's anxieties and insecurities.

He wished and prayed at that moment to whatever and whoever attended an ear; Kai wanted Jae Hwa to be taken care of.  

Jae Hwa was so focused on Kai that she wouldn't see she needed help herself.  Kai wanted her to receive the same love, treatment, and care she's given him.

That was his only wish.

"Hey! Your, Kai, right? Jae Hwa's brother?" An older man asked.

Kai looked up his little mouth gaping as he bowed his head. "Yes, Seokjin-ssi."

"Hey, are you planning to stay here all day?" He smiled softly.

Kai shook his head as he squinted his eyes.  "No, I'm supposed to be in school, " His heart squeezed with sadness,  "But Noona forgot."

"Then forgot about school." Jin clutched his tiny hand as they began to walk away from the house.

"I should stay home, Seokjin-ssi." 

Jin waved him off before entering the nearest restaurant.  "It's okay. Jae Hwa and I used to skip all the time."

"Really?" Kai sat down with Jin as he prepared an order for them both.  

"Of course.  We went to school together." His eyes shot with sadness before he smiled picking up his silver chopsticks.  

Kai smiled widely before grabbing the older man's hand tightly.  He didn't even mind his gap was showing. All he knew was that Jae Hwa had would be taken care of.  If it was the last thing he could devise.

Short chapter but mainly a filler😊