|Epilogue|

"You look so beautiful Alex!" Lucy gushed, putting her hand on my shoulder. I looked in the mirror, I certainly looked different. My white dress cascading behind me and my hair perfectly styled in curls by Susan. For the first time in my life, I felt pretty. "Come on Alex! They will be waiting!" A blue clad Susan urged from the door. Susan and Lucy were over the moon to be my bridesmaids, both of them looking equally stunning in their matching dresses and hair-dos. 

I sighed, walking out of my room at the professors and down the stairs. I wasn't nervous after all this day was so many years in the making, but I was still slightly dizzy from all the sudden preparation. I turned the corner and was hit by the light of the sunshine through the stained glass windows, it was an amazing day. 

"You look beautiful Alex!" A voice called, I turned and saw Peter grinning. He came over and gave me a bear hug. "I can't believe you are finally getting married!" He laughed.I took his arm, and we walked to the doors that led to the garden where the guests, and my future husband, were waiting.  I started nervously smoothing out my dress, to which Peter chuckled. 

"He's just as nervous as you are. But he's waiting through there for you, just like it should've been all those years ago in Narnia." He said giving me a reassuring smile. Susan and Lucy both walked through the doors gracefully, no doubt smiling as they made their way down the aisle. I was extremely excited to finally have them as my sisters, and Peter as my brother. Even Mr and Mrs Pevensie were over the moon to have me as a daughter-in-law. Just as I was to have them as new family members. 

The music changed pace and Peter and I began to walk forward. The heels were killing me, but I fully intended to take them off later, when I would be dancing with my husband endlessly. The doors opened and the sunshine was almost blinding as we stepped onto the grass of the garden.

I looked at the guests and was greeted by the smiling faces of my English friends and family, Mrs Macready smiled at me knowingly and the Professor clapped his hands in an excited manner. This was not how I had originally pictured my wedding,  with so much of my family missing. And it felt a bit wrong without Rider, Caspian, Drinian, Tumnus, the beavers and the others back home. But I had Edmund and really that was all I needed.

I turned away from the faces and looked to the front, seeing Eustace, Susan and Lucy grinning at me. But I had eyes only for him. Our eyes met and he looked at me, a stunned expression on his face. And with a single look, he made me feel as if I were flying. 

As we reach the altar, Peter gave me a hug and gave my hand to Edmund, giving me away. I silently wished that Aslan, could be here, but I knew that wouldn't be possible. 

"You look stunning," Edmund whispered, connecting our other hands. "You brush up well yourself," I replied, smiling up at him and squeeing his hand.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to witness the union of Edmund Pevensie and Alexandra Kirke" the priest started. I smiled at the guests, breaking eye contact with Ed, and saw Mrs Pevensie wave at me with a grin. The priest continued on talking about our union and marriage, but I didn't pay much attention, instead looking at my fiance in joy at what was happening.

"Now I invite the bride and groom to share some words with each other." The rows of guests seated in the garden, went silent. The only sound to be heard was the rustling of trees in the sight breeze.

"Edmund, you are honestly the best soulmate I could ever ask for. You have been my rock, my best friend, my comedian and my everything. When we met in this house all those years ago, I would never have expected to fall so deeply in love with you. But I did. I absolutely did. I have never been so happy in my life. Edmund Pevensie, I love you more than I can ever express to you." He smiled at me and squeezed my hand again, before starting his own vows.

"Alex, when I think of you, my heart soars beyond belief and I really can't explain it. I have loved you since the day I met you and honestly, I think I love you a little more every day. I have been an idiot - I won't deny it. But you have stuck with me through it all and I can't begin to thank you. Saying I love you doesn't seem a big enough sentence when referring to you. But Alex I do, I love you." I felt a tear trickle down my hot cheek and I knew I was a goner. I couldn't contain how much love and joy I felt in that moment. 

"Do you Edmund Pevensie, take Alexandra Kirke to be your wife, through sickness and health until your dying day?" the priest asked. 

Edmund smiled at me with adoration. "I do." He took my hand and slid the small ring onto my finger. It fit perfectly. 

"And do you Alexandra Kirke, take Edmund Pevensie to be your husband, through sickness and health until your dying day?" 

I looked into his deep brown eyes and nodded. "I do!" I slid his ring on and grasped his hand tightly. 

"Then I now pronounce you husband and wife! You may kiss the bride!" Edmund didn't take his chances as he leaned in and crashed our lips together. My heart exploded with happiness, I was finally married to him. After battles, coronations, adventures, mishaps, Narnia and England, we were married. King and Queen in Narnia. Husband and Wife in England.