MY PATHETIC LIFE

I finished reading for the day so I was heading back when I saw everyone is rushing toward the village center. Of course, I follow the people blindly. A big group is around the announcement board and a werewolf starts hushing people.

"Silence humans!!"

The noise started to go down and he gives a cold glare for the ones who were whispering.

"The mating games are starting as you know girls at age 22 and older will attend. The list is there, please anyone who is been chosen this year doesn't give us a hard time taking you from home"

With that look in his eyes, I know he been through a lot taking girls from their home. He looks not ready to have to do it again.

people start checking and I hoped somehow my name will be not on that list. I am 22 this year and this will be the first time I am praying for a miracle. People start heading back as I am walking to face my fate I felt small hands hold mine I know who it is my cousin. I didn't want to look at him because I can't hold it back. I looked in that list and straight away my name appears. I know it god is angry at me because I lied to mom to go out.

Do you ever felt that you know something will happen but your mind doesn't want to believe it? That how I felt as I walk down to my home. Just as I reached my home I couldn't hold it back. Tears escaped from my eyes as I crawled to the front door my legs couldn't take me. My sobs are getting louder but my sadness is not getting less. I don't know how I will tell them but I have to tomorrow is the mating games. When I meet the eyes of my father I know that he knows.

I never know how could my father never loved me. He always preferred Tomas although he was a trouble maker but never ever been blamed once. I was perfect I never did something that they didn't want. My mom always told me that he was a tough guy so that why he didn't show emotions. I was not stupid or blind he always smiled around Tomas but never around me. I sit down at that old dining table facing the kitchen. I don't know if it's going to be the last time I watch my mom work in the kitchen. If I am lucky enough I would come back home or even I would find my mate in this pack but I know very well that if my mate is in this pack he would already meet me.

"Tomas come down we are having a family meeting" my dad shouted.

"who is dying?"

"STOP SAY THOSE THINGS TOMAS!!" my mom shouted.

We sit there as a family my dad looked at my mom, he knows shit will go down. She already lost one daughter she can't bear with more. My sister Eva left for mating games and found a mate but she dies at birth. My mom blames it on the werewolf because the pregnancy of a human from a werewolf is difficult and 20% of human females died because of it.

"Amelia is going to the mating games" my dad started.

"Are you sure? did they write her name at the announcement board"

"of course, she is not an exception but she might be because she is ugly" Tomas said

"Don't be rude"

I get up and went to my room I don't know how to deal with it. I am used to Tomas being rude and annoying but in a day like this, he should give me hug and say goodbye. I don't know how someone can be so cold-hearted. I don't know why dad never stops him from saying awful things to me. I don't know what kind of family I have.

I start packing my stuff when a heard a knock in the door. My mom comes in holding a white dress and tears in her eyes. This dress is the one I will be wearing to the mating games. Every girl should wear this white dress.

"I don't believe that you are getting older. I don't believe that I am sending my own daughter to death"

"mom stop saying things like that. I might come back I am sure"

"Do you remember going with me to the witch in the mountains "

"yes, but why are we talking about that?"

"she said that both of you and Eva will be Alpha mates but one of you will be a queen"

" you mean that I will be queen. You are talking nonsense"

"you don't believe me but how come your sister have an alpha mate "

"mom it could be a coincidence. You are thinking too much. She did say that to get money"

"Today I want to sleep next to my little baby"

"mom I am not baby anymore. I am an independent woman"

"you still my little baby"

I couldn't sleep that night so I watch the backyard of our neighbors. I saw Mia and her father walking outside. Soon is she cried he stops and hug her. I always wished to have a father like him. I was jealous of how he treats her is the best thing that happened to him. My mom always told me that jealousy comes from greediness but how come I am greedy when it is love.