6~ wish you were gay

Billie

~

Flashback
5 years ago

"Hey, Billie!" Sara tapped my shoulder. I turned around to meet her eyes. Her soft chocolate brown eyes. Her pretty speckled freckles. Her adorable rosy cheeks. I get out of my gaze when she snaps her fingers in my face. I glance at her fingernails. Painted with a nice shade of red.

"Billie? You okay there? You're blushing." She giggles and I nervously smile. I shake my head before looking down at my shoes.

"I-I'm fine. I just was thinking about something." She smiles back at me before pulling on my arm the other direction.

"Come on! We gotta get to class, or else were gonna be late." I trail right behind her as we walk to Civics. We walk into the classroom to be met with our teacher, Ms. Reynolds, smiling at us ear to ear. We sit down in the back. Luckily our seats were next to each other, so I could stare at her beauty for as long as I want to.

Sara Wilson. A lot of people would say it's such a basic name but I find it special. Sara has been my best friend from the start. Since we were in our diapers. She's such a humble and caring person. She's just so innocent and sweet.

I've also had a secret crush on her since we were in 6th grade. It's been impossible to look at her without admiring any of her features. She literally has no flaws. My eyes land in her direction. I spot the brown-haired girl writing in her yellow notebook. She writes flawlessly with her pink pencil. Probably copying the notes on the board. I'm too busy staring at her to pay attention in class.

"Ms. O'Connell?" I jump and turn towards the front of the room. I stare at the teacher before quickly pulling out my notebook from my backpack.

"Please pay attention, Billie." I nod before I glance at Sara again. She smiles at me before giggling. This girl is an angel.

~

"So can I sleepover today?" Sara asks me as we walk down the street from the school. We walk hand in hand.

"I'm sure you can. My mom will probably say yes." She smirks at me with her binder in hand. It's scattered with flowers everywhere. I notice a small picture in the corner of her binder. It's me and her at the carnival last year. She was hugging me as I had cotton candy in my hand. That was such a great day.

"I remember that day." I point at the picture and she looks down before smiling slightly. She tucks her binder closer to her.

"Yeah. I do too. It was a good day." We look away from each other when a car honks at us. I look at the car and wave my hand.

"Looks like my mom's here. Come on." I pull Sara by her hand gently. I open the door for her as she gets in. I open my door and sit down. My mom smiles at me before driving off.

"Hi, mom."

"Hey, guys. How was school?" She looks in the rear view mirror before pushing her hair back.

"It was great, Mrs. O'Connell!" My mom giggles and looks back at Sara.

"Oh, Sara, how many times do I have to tell you! Just call me Maggie." Sara nods before playing with her nails.

"Mom, can she stay for the night?" I ask keeping my gaze on the sky.

"Sure! She can stay the night anytime."

"I already asked my mom to make sure. She said it was fine." Sara sits back and stares out the window like I am, as were driving in the rain.