five

his parliaments on fire and his hands are up on the balcony

I followed the shepherd, never letting my eyes wonder somewhere else. Jim was magnetic and I was slowly loosing my strength to pull away. The shepherd would turn around continuously to see if his disciple was still following, his face blooming in gratefulness to see the white silk gown in the corner of his eyes.

Jim opened the cement door to the roof of the apartment complex, as if there was another world waiting for us. "Do you know who you are Charolette?" Jim softly asked. I shook my head, truthfully I've lost myself so many times that I don't know who I am anymore. Jim reached closer and grabbed my hand and guided me to who I was.

My skin began to shimmer in the pale moonlight. We sat on the roof with a bottle of whiskey and began to acknowledge the way the city looked at night. Alone and Free. "I'm curious to see what would happen if I tested the boundaries of this city Charolette" Jim proclaimed.

"I believe the world will stop and stare" I whispered back to him. I placed my head down, the moon and stars in my eyes. My silk gown slowing riding up my thighs as Jim's leather pants become my eyes prey. My blood began to rise to my cheeks as Jim's godlike body moved closer to mine. Jim has lighted a fire in me that could not burn on this roof.

"Goodnight Charolette" was all that left his lips.