☏ ²

Shock was quite an understatement for what Corbyn heard in that coffee shop

Shock was quite an understatement for what Corbyn heard in that coffee shop. Daniel wasn't just sad, he was a crisis case. He didn't have anything left.

Corbyn expected something easy for his first time 'counseling' someone outside of the hot line. So much for being the hero.

He opened his mouth to say something, but nothing really came out

"no- don't say anything I just needed to vent, I don't want more people to pitty me Corbyn"

The blonde boy softened his brows.

"punch me if this feels weird."

He got up from his seat and confidently wrapped his arms around the broken boy. It was definitely not the usual thing he would've done, but Daniel just called to him somehow. It sounded stupid but in his head it made all the sense in the world.

Daniel wasn't used to hugs. They did feel weird, but he needed it. He needed it way to much to not take.

He wrapped his arms around the blondes body, clinging to the fabric on his coat.

Vulnerability isn't something the thin boy was used to showing at all, he built walls around him, but they were easy to break. He hadn't gotten this close to anyone in ages.

And no, they weren't actually 'close', but Daniel felt as if even the relationship with his siblings wasn't this honest.

His family didn't want to hug him. They were ashamed of Daniel. Last time they didnt even take them to the family reunion. He figured it out after his aunt texted him a get well soon message.

Corbyn gave him comfort, they had talked for hours, the cafe was empty.

"I know you've probably heard this a thousand times, and it's not just cause I work at the hotline but, you're so worth it"

The faux blonde pulled away slightly and caressed the brunettes cheek.

"and I need you to know how worth it you are, how loved you can be"

Tears stained the brunette boys cheeks, his beautiful blue eyes held emotion, they held something so beyond him.

"Corbyn, you don't understand, I've tried it all. You know, life just isn't made for some people"

He pulled away from the gentle hug he had just shared with the blonde boy. It was part of Daniels infinite dwelling. He had to break people away. Didn't want them to suffer the same way he did.

He needed to cut Corbyn off even though he didn't want to.

"this was a mistake, I'm sorry for wasting your time Corbyn, thank you for your service"

Daniel started for the door. He was happy he had those moments with Corbyn but it was time to go. Time to be the drama queen he was always meant to be and storm out of this shop like a 90's movie when-

Suddenly he felt a grip on his wrist. He turned his view over to the blonde.

He wasn't gonna let him go that easily.

Corbyn was many things but he wasn't a quiter, and Daniel had suddenly become too important to quit on.

"don't go, I'm not gonna let you go back to that, to all that pain"

"I have no where else to go"

"then let me help you "

Daniel shook his hand off of Corbyns grip, He faced the blonde completely.

"how"

That was a good question. Corbyn had absolutely no idea, and lo it was surprising how a loss of words he could be in situations like these.

"I help thousands of people every day, I'm not gonna give up on you"

Daniel softened his brows, it was wrong to let him in. He shouldn't be a part of his life, it was horrible of him to do something like that to someone so caring. The thoughts running trough the young boys brain invaded, they left almost no space to think.

Daniel nodded slowly and took a step closer to the blonde.

Corbyn felt a waterfall of relief as he saw the brunette take the step forward. He won.

Or atleast he felt like it.

"Corbyn"

"yeah?"

"please help me"

...

𝘈𝘯

𝘈𝘯.

N𝘦𝘹𝘵 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘪𝘴 𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘺 𝘵𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘨𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨