01. Distress Signal

The Garage, 08.30

It's been two years since Paige died and almost a year after Ralph came to express his wish before he took off to be with his father. Walter still takes the matter personally to the fact that Ralph decided not to stay with him because if he and Paige didn't fight that night, Paige might not get into that train and died.

The new lead on the train accident that occurred 2 years ago, indicated that the train might have been tampered by FBI's most wanted, Raymond Reddington.

"Walt, you see this?" Sly turns up the volume so Walter in the back can hear. With files still on his hand, Walter comes closer to the TV with wide eyes, "No way...."
"Why not? He's a dangerous man, it makes perfect sense."
"No, you don't understand. I did some research an......"
"Research? You didn't tell me anything about any research. What did you do for last 12 months Walter?"

He can't answer all the things Sylvester was asking him. This research is done in aggressive, and illegal way, he does not want anyone to get involved with this. "Walt? Would you answer me or should I call everyone?"
"No Sly, I can't...."
"I'm calling Cabe. And then Happy and Toby. We're gonna talk about this."

Walter can see the ring that Paige left the night of the accident on the top of his desk. He got everything in place for his proposal on the very same month and he couldn't stop blaming himself for what happened. "Walt, it's not your fault..."
"Don't say that Sly. You know it is. And I know it wasn't an accident. And I want to make it right, that's the least I can do for Ralph."
"How on earth can you bring justice with dangerous man like him involved?"
"Not him Sly. I told you. Not him."

A Blacksite, 07.00

"You framed him. I can understand that he's a perfect scapegoat for your crime. But I won't let that happen."
"You're in a blacksite!" He laughs, "You can do nothing here. As far as I'm concern, you and your project never existed, Morgan."
"You clearly don't know me that well Peter. You took advantage of me and use my husband as your weapon. You kept me here for more than a year. I got nothing to lose anymore." She smirks, "As far as I'm concern, you keep me alive because you can't kill me."

Peter knows Morgan is right. After she hijacked the project, he got no control of the tech that she made. She got everything that he doesn't want to surfaced. If he kill her, it will trigger the release protocol. He tried, resulted in a small leaks to an unknown receiver. "You might have the power, the source, Peter. But I always smarter than all the people you know. That's why you convinced David so I would take the project. You're dead wrong for involving and killing him."

The Garage, 10.15

"Dare to explain what Sly told me in the phone, son?" Cabe just arrived and they can tell that he's not amused of Walter's findings. "It's not my intention to make all of you in some kind of..."
"We're in." Happy cut Walter before he can even finish, "I don't care if it's out of our reach, we'll try. Right?"
Toby nods, "Right."
"What about you Sly?"
"It's a yes."
"Cabe?"
"I'm not gonna let you all going into a tar pit. Not with my assistance."

Walter smiles and looks at each of them. He can't thank them enough about all the efforts that they made, all the risks that they took, and all the love that they gave to him. "Thank you. All of you. I didn't think I will pull it off, but with you guys... I have no doubt." He gets his laptop and present them with his findings.

"So.... I have to remind you that not everything in here is legal.... So it might put us in danger."
"Go on kid." Cabe gives him the approval.
"A week after the accident, I put all of my time on learning about everything in that accident. I looked into every possible cause, from malfunction... everything."
"And?"
"Officially, it says about engineer malfunction because the speed didn't decrease from the brake. It is too significant to be a human error. It suggests a dead brake. But....I don't think so. Toby might understand."
"Yeah, big speed usually indicates dead brake. But, I will definitely think there's a potential of intentional speed. But that would be easy to track Walt, there would be a record."
"I also think of that. So... I'm looking into the case deeper, hope to find something that off the record."
"You mean you hacked into something?"
"Exactly. Turns out, the original cause is the mas. There aren't any malfunction. The first record is being edited into malfunction to cover the possibility of terror act."
"Why would they?"
"The engineer."

Walter pull out a picture of the engineer. "William Ames?" Happy doesn't see anything fishy about him. "You see, his records are too clean to be a real person. So.... I thought, it might be a cover. So I looked into a more deeper database..."
"You hacked it."
"Yes. Umm... His real name is David Stefensson. He had quite a history. He's a CIA agent who was been flagged just days before the accident. He was assigned to get close to Raymond Reddington but then being said to be turned into his associate."
"So it's really Reddington. Who made the accident."
"Not exactly. I was able to pull a voice message of his burner phone to another burner. Check this out."

Peter is dirty. Back your project up and get out of there! We were told to believe that Reddington committed treason. It was Peter! And he's gonna do it again. I didn't know how, yet. But I'll tell you soon after I got more. See you at the safe house.

Toby clenched, "He sounded genuine to me. But why on earth did he crash the train? What this is all about? A conspiracy?"