Eighteen

The day had arrived.

Bailey and Austin we're headed back to Dallas on yet another private plane.

Bailey wondered if she would ever get used to Austin's expensive lifestyle. She knew that even Austin sometimes had trouble dealing with the fame and fortune.

"The second time flying is always better," Austin said reassuringly as he grabbed Bailey's small suitcase out of the trunk of the car.

"I'm less nervous about it," Bailey admitted as she crutched towards the plane.

"Good," Austin said with a smile.

With a deep breath in, Bailey started off to the stairs of the plane.

"Need help," Austin asked after he handed off the luggage to the airport worker.

"I think I've got it," Bailey said as she took slow steps up the stairs.

Austin followed Bailey up the stairs as soon as she had gotten most of the way up.

"Do you mind if I try to sleep," Bailey asked, "maybe that will help me feel less awful during the day."

It was early, the sun was barely up in the sky and it was much earlier than either person typically wanted to be up, so sleeping wasn't a bad idea.

Austin shrugged, "Might do that myself."

"That's the one problem with track competitions," Bailey said with a yawn, "they start so damn early."

Austin laughed as Bailey sat down in the large recliner seat on one side of the plane.

"Are you comfortable," Austin asked as a yawn escaped his mouth as well.

Bailey smiled, "I'm great, thanks."

"Good," Austin said and sat down. 

Austin waited for the plane doors to close and the captain to signal that they were about to take off before he tried to sleep, unlike Bailey who seemed to fall asleep the second that she stopped talking to Austin.

With a happy smile, Austin looked over at Bailey before closing his eyes. 

Within minutes, he was asleep, soft snores filled the cabin.

"Austin," a silky voice said.

As the plane rattled, Austin slowly opened his eyes.

Bailey was standing in front of him but she looked different. 

Her long hair was curled and the cast on her leg was gone. Instead of the large hoodie she had stolen from him, she was in a thin spaghetti strap shirt and leggings.

"Bailey," Austin asked and sat up, "what's wrong?

"Nothing," Bailey said and stepped closer to the seat Austin was in.

"Are you sure, you seem," Austin said but his words got caught in his throat at Bailey straddled his lap and wrapped her arms around his neck.

"I seem what," Bailey asked and smirked as Austin stared up at her dazed.

"Different," Austin said and pushed her hair behind her ear.

Bailey just smiled and leaned down. Her breath on Austin's neck sent chills down his back and he let out a breathless moan.

"Bailey," Austin said as she pressed her lips to his throat, tracing the outlines of his tattoos with her tongue, "Fuck."

Bailey trailed her nails across Austin's neck and tangled her fingers in his curly hair.

Bailey lifted her head and tugged on Austin's hair, their eyes connecting.

"What are you doing, Bailey," Austin asked quietly.

Bailey smiled and smashed her lips on to his and a deep moan filled the air. 

Austin felt electricity fry his nerves as their lips collided. 

It almost felt too good to be true. 

Kissing Bailey was something Austin had been obsessing over ever since that night on the couch. 

He lifted his hands and pulled Bailey closer to him, taking control of the kiss.

The plane shook and suddenly Austin felt the pressure of Bailey's lips leave his and the weight on his lap disappeared. His hands that had just been on Bailey's jaw fell to his lap and the grip on his hair vanished.

"Bailey?"

Austin's eyes opened and he woke with a jolt as more turbulence rattled the plane. 

He glanced desperately around the cabin of the plane. 

Bailey was in the chair across from him with her hair in a bun and large jacket covering her frame.

Austin sighed and rubbed his face, trying to wake up.

"Fuck," he whispered.

He couldn't believe he fell asleep because what he dreamt felt so real.

The tightness in his jeans and his beating heart were two reminders of a very realistic dream as he looked over to the small body of the very girl of his dreams slouched over in the reclining seat across from him.

Tangling a hand in his hair, Austin got up to walk off the dream.

Without realizing it, he left the cause for his frustration awake in the seat across from him with the soft moans of her name echoing in her head.