11 - His Words to Heed

I felt around the wall for the door handle and I wrested it open before almost falling into my quarters despite the anchor that is Athena's hands on the small of my back.

She slammed the door behind her and I put all of my weight into shoving her against it whilst keeping our lips still entwined but I was no match for the Captain of the Royal Guard for she managed to get the upper hand and made me curl into the arch of her body.

Athena broke away just for a moment to trail kisses along the curve of my jaw and I shivered with every touch that connected with my skin.

"Seeing you with her infuriated me..." She growled into the crook of my neck before she shifted her head to rest against my forehead, "But seeing you with him and the way he treats you makes my blood boil."

And with that, I accepted her lips once more and dragged her with me to the bed where I wrapped my arms around her waist and shuddered with every strong yet tender touch to the spots where my dress gave way for bare skin.

Every touch she made sent a spike of excitement through me and I couldn't help but plaster myself to her and groan at the uncomfortable feeling of her armour.

"We need to get rid of this," I ordered, tugging on her breastplate and she chuckled heartily.

"As you wish, My Queen." She smirked and her words sent another tremble through my body as she started to unbuckle and unstrap the various plates on her body.

First came the pauldrons on her shoulder and then I helped her with the gauntlets. The chestplate was less than ideal to remove but once it was off, it was much easier to be closer to Athena.

I tugged her on top of me whilst she was kicking off her boots but I didn't care about that. I curled my arms around her neck and the mountains and valleys of her abdomen were flush against me and had to resist the urge to trace the line of the two cloth wraps that run down her torso to cover her chest.

Her hair fell over her shoulders like a curtain of golden water and when we pulled away just to stare at each other, I brushed it out of her face with my hands.

"Athena?" I mumbled.

"Elia?" She questioned.

"Hello." I smiled and she smirked.

"Hello yourself." Athena grinned and pressed her lips to mine, this time slowly and with less fervour but the very same amount of affection.

. . .

I woke up in the morning to the sound of my stomach grumbling along with the dawn light rays painting the room orange and yellow and the rhythmic rise and fall of Athena's chest. Her strong arms were wrapped around my shoulders and one of her hands was brushing through my hair.

I tilted my head and found a carefree, content smile on the captain's lips that met her eyes and I offered my best 'seductive' grin in return except, because of the hour, I probably landed somewhere near 'vaguely romantic crab'.

"Good morning." She chuckled and I sat up, stretching my limbs like a cat.

"Good morning to you, as well," I smirked and rested my hand on her chest.

My eyes swooped over Athena in her undergarments and I noticed the tattoo of House Dawnstar just to the left of her sternum and I traced a finger over the lead in her skin.

"Did it hurt?" I wondered mindlessly and she glanced at the tattoo before looking back at me.

"Of course. Still does. Although, it's more a lingering ache than much else." She confessed and I nodded, shuffling over and leaning on my elbow to take her in once more.