Strings

Jongin

I didn't mind when Kyungsoo went out with Ryeowook, even though that's not even completely true, it was just when he came over to our apartment that really set me off. I mean, that was our place, where we spent our time together. I knew Kyungsoo and I would probably never be anything but best friends, which was I was adamant about us having something that only belonged to us--like our balcony.

"Hyung, drive me to work," I shouted from my very comfy laying position on the couch.

"Why would I do that when it's your car and not mine?" he questioned, sticking about half of his body out of the bathroom.

"Because I'm too lazy to get up and drive," I whined. He just raised an eyebrow at me, unconvinced. "And because you love me. And I'm your best friend under oath." He just groaned and rolled his eyes.

"Don't even bring up that silly thing," he said, proceeding with brushing his teeth.

"We, Kim Jongin and -- come one, say it with me, hyung," I said, now sitting up. He just smiled as I started chuckling. "At least say your name."

"Do Kyungsoo," he mumbled in surrender.

"Solemly swear to stay best friends for the rest of our lives, for infinity and beyond." 

He just smiled and shook his head. "I can't believe you still remember that," he said, switching the bathroom light off and coming into the living room. "Weren't we totally shit-faced when we came up with that?"

"Drunk or not, I live my life by it," I said, causing him to laugh. "So how about that drive?"

"Okay, but only because I live my life by that oath too," he said. 

I smiled in victory and jumped off the couch. "Thank you," I said, ruffling his hair lightly.

"You're welcome," he said as he fixed it. "Do you need me to walk you in too? Do you need help walking up the steps?" 

I laughed. "Only if you want to. You know, see where the magic happens," I replied.

"I wouldn't exactly call it magic," he said.

"Oh then, what would you call it?" I said, crossing my arms and grinning. A smile pulled at his lips as he just looked at me.

"Let's just go," he said. We walked over to the front door and he grabbed the car keys before we headed outside. The traffic was pretty light that night, so we were able to make it to the shop in about 20 minutes.

"I'm back," I said loudly as we both walked inside to the lobby.

"Hey, Kai," Chanyeol said with his usual friendly smile.

"Hey, Yeol. How's life?" I said, resting on the counter top.

"Just swell," he said. I smiled in response and was just about to introduce him to Kyungsoo when Baekhyun came from down the hall.

"Hey, Kai," he said. I just nodded, as if saying hello back. "Hi, Chanyeol."

"Hi," Chanyeol responded as they both began to blush. Baekhyun was the newest masseur and liked Chanyeol ever since the day he first met him and evidently, the feeling was mutual.

"Guys, this is Kyungsoo. Hyung, this is Chanyeol and Baekhyun. Baekhyun's new," I said, interrupting their moment before the tension between got any thicker.

"It's nice to meet you both," Kyungsoo said shyly. He always acted that way around people he didn't know, which I found to be completely adorable.

"So, you're the famous best friend?" Chanyeol said with a smile. "Kai talks about you a lot." He blushed a little at those words and I shot Chanyeol a glare.