Percy

Camp Half-Blood, Long Island Sound, Upper Manhattan Area, New York 10:47 AM, July 17

When Percy appeared on the other side, he felt the sun, smelled the strawberries, and thought, 'I am home.' This happiness lasted about 5 seconds, until he felt Nico fall to his knees next to him. Percy opened his eyes, and got int in the gut by a massive burst of reality. At the moment he opened his eyes, the weather shield, aided by the Athena Parthenos and the Golden Fleece, weakened for one second, but that was all the fire giant needed.                                                                

"Oh, gods of Olympus." Percy breathed. It was an honest to gods fire jotun, and the Black One at that. The giant was wearing an obsidian black three-piece suit of chain mail armor, with eyes that burned with fire, yet his gaze was more brutal than that of Ares, and much more powerful than that of the Titan Hyperion. "Hello, Greek warriors. I am Surt, the Norse lord of Muspelheim, and I have come in peace. Or, rather, to make you into pieces." the lord of Muspell smirked cruelly.

"Yeah, thats not going to happen, hothead." Percy said feigning boredom. He pretended to check a clipboard. "Sorry, our schedule's all filled up. Hmm, capture the flag at noon, Archery at 11:00, and..." he checked his watch/shield, "Kicking jotun butt at, hmmm. Right now" he said, uncapping Riptide, three feet of glowing Celestial Bronze.         

"So you think, Jackson. You may be the sea gods brat,  a boy of water, but I am a lord  of fire, and your puny camp will burn." said Surt, reaching his hand out, and clenching his fist, as he did that, fire, white hot fire, blazed across the camp, setting fire to the grasses.

"Funny thing about that is that water always beats fire. Welcome to Long Island Sound, idiot." Percy said, feeling the familiar tugging sensation in his gut, as a massive wave came through the trees, slamming into Surt,, just as Percy summoned a hurricane, and leaped into the fray. He came whirling with a strike, slicing a long jagged streak across Surts body. Percy came back witha upward slice that took off the royal sniffer from the lord of Musspellheim.

Surt was lying on the ground, severely weakened. "Your day to burn will be coming, Jackson. As I have said to that puny wimp Magnus, you and your friends are the kindling for the inferno that will spread across the nine worlds." And with that, the Lord of Musspelheim burst apart like a Molotov cocktail.

This sent Percy's mind back to a time just before his sophomore year, when Kelli the empousa burst apart in flames, leaving Percy to blame for the fire, and almost getting him kicked out of school. Surt appeared to have done the same thing as Kelli, escaping to a place to which he will get more powerful.Percy focused, and his hurricane doused the flames. "This isn't the last we see of him." he muttered.

"Indeed" Nico said behind him. "We need the camp to pack up. I just got back from talking to Frank and Magnus. Plan Omega is in place, Frank said Camp Jupiter will pack up, and they are fast at it, so we need to pack. Magnus has let the thanes know that he is expecting allies. Once Camp Jupiter meets up with us, we'll set course for Valhalla." Nico said, short of breath.

You need to be careful, man. I understand you feel like you have to do so much, but if your this tired all the time, you can't help. I'm worried, Nico, that you are overexerting yourself."

"I'm fine," Nico said, "I'm tired, yes, but I will always do what I can to ensure the survival of camp. I'm sixteen Percy, I'm not a kid." Nico said, obviously upset at being treated like this. "Nico, I know your not. I get it, but you have to make sure you stay alive, otherwise, this camp will take a nosedive." Percy said with feeling. 

Nico told him to tell the camp that it was time to leave. Percy walked to the crest of Half-Blood Hill. "Greeks, it's time to pack up. Camp Jupiter is on it's way over, and we need to be ready. Both camps will be relocating to Hotel Valhalla in Boston. Pack your things, we leave as soon as Camp Jupiter arrives." 

This statement sent ripples of fear, excitement, and disappointment through the ranks. Percy didn't care, he knew what was coming, that many friends will die. The world will end up in flames, and his friends and all those he holds dear would probably not survive. Welcome to the end. Welcome, to Ragnarok.