Deamus: Telling Him (Fluff/AU)

Summary:
In which the wizarding world is made up of mostly bi people and nobody discriminates based on sexual orientation. But let's just say that's not why Seamus is worried about coming out.
~~~~
Seamus was the definition of a gay disaster. He might never come out and do you know why that is? It's because he's in love with his best friend, Dean Thomas.

His best friend who he knows currently has a crush on someone else.

No, he wasn't scared he wouldn't be accepted. Most of his friends were gay or bi and even the one's who are straight are completely excepting.

I mean Harry and Dean are bi, Neville is pan, and well he's not sure about Ron, who's been in love with Hermione since like forever, not that, that necessarily makes him straight.

And while his parents are straigh,t as far as he knows, they like everyone else he's been around they're completely ok with LGBT people.

It's now became just as frequent to see a gay couple as it is a straight one.

So yes, the fear he had was a much different. The fear that came along with the question, "anyone catching your eye?"

And if he tells Dean that'll be the first question he gets asked. And the honest answer isn't just something he can tell him. Plus he's never been a good liar.

Maybe I should just tell him and get it over?

"Tell who, what?" Dean asks from where he's sitting across from him.

The words "a guy I like" almost slip out before he looks down and says, "nothing."

Dean puts a hand on his shoulder, "Seriously Shay, what's up with you?"

Seamus looks up into his taller friends face, illuminated by the light of the fireplace.

This is it, he thinks. Do it before you chicken out.

"I'm gay," and as soon as the words leave his mouth he clamps his hand over his mouth.

His eye contact with Dean never breaks as his friend removes his hand and interlocks their fingers. He only closes his eyes when he feels Dean's lips finally meet his own.