|I'm Coming|

Your Own POV

Besides going to school, I go to study to a teacher, together with my friends.

We were 7 in number. Just like our routine, we went there to study.

Miss. Ava teaches us language lessons. We study and have fun in there.

That day, When Miss. Ava opened her Facebook, a news came up in the front page. She felt sorry reading it. We asked her what was it.

She handed me the phone. Everyone hovered over me to see it. When I finally saw the picture, I was numb.

This must be a joke? Right?

Lana poked me and said me to read aloud. My mind was shaking furiously but I calmed myself and read it out.

"A 17 year old teenager went through a serious car accident in Toronto, Canada. The boy was crossing the road but a car went through him with extreme speed. He was immediately taken to the Central Hospital of Toronto. The boy died in the hospital during his treatment, after 2 hours of the accident. After the accident, it was known that his name was Johnny Orlando, father Dale Orlando, a lawyer. The whole scene was captured in a CCTY. The footage is linked below:"

I played the video.

The video was grainy. But it was clear enough to notice everything.

The boy was crossing the road, with a bag in his right hand. When he almost reached the other side of the road, a car went over him. He was thrown far from the spot. His dead body covered with blood was shown too.

I closed my eyes. I couldn't stand it. I couldn't believe my eyes. I quickly handed the phone to Miss. Ava.

"Oh God, that was really dangerous." My friends agreed with Ryan. They were discussing about the accident.

I heard everything. Not a single word missed.

I couldn't say anything. I was fighting with my tears. Luckily, nobody noticed it. I tried to act like it was just another news. I took in a long shaky breath.

I tried to be cool. Somehow, I managed to do it.

"Miss, Can I go home?" I asked for her permission. She looked confused and asked me why.

"I...well today's lesson has actually finished and mom said me to come home early." I lied.

She looked at her silver watch, "But you still have 30 minutes. Okay... No problem. You can go."

I quickly took my bag and I went away, bidding byes to my friends.

When I was out of their view, I cried out.

No! No no no no!

I sat down in a nearby bench. My hands were shaking uncontrollably. I was crying out loud. The area was quiet. Nobody was there. Only my cries and the sad breeze blowing to me.

Why John? Why you left me? WHY?

I wanted to break everything. I never wanted to see this happen to me. Not to him. I closed my fists and kept beating on the bench. My knuckles were now bloody.

How am I gonna live without you?

He wasn't my boyfriend. He was my best friend. My best friend forever.

I was crying hysterically. I wanted to go, see him. I wanted to hold him.

My heart was breaking into pieces.

It was just some hours ago we talked. Just some hours ago we texted.

And now, all was gone. There was nothing remaining.

My world turned to a desert without him.

I quickly took out my phone and checked my inbox. The last text was:

John: Hey dude I'm coming to London. See ya soon! (4 hrs ago)

I gasped. He was coming. Oh God he was coming to meet me. And now he is farther from me than before. I covered my mouth with my hands covered in blood.

30 minutes passed with my sobbings. It was my time to go home.

Now I felt nothing. No more tears were flowing down.

I went to the washroom of the park. I washed my face and put some light makeup to make me look normal. I wore sunglasses to hide my swollen eyes. I cleaned my hands and used some tissue to hide it. I finally came out and was able to act like nothing happened.

Nobody noticed.

Nobody never notices me.

***

It's been 5 days. And I am totally emotionless. I eat like a robot, walk like a numb, lay in my bed with my eyes open. I couldn't concentrate on anything.

I'm lost in my world's desert. Nobody is here. There is no one who would help me now.

He was gone...

Miss. Ava noticed. She called me in private and asked me the reason of my lack of attention in everything.

I gave her a broken smile and sat on the chair following her order. She crossed her hands and asked, "What's going on, Y/N?"

I looked up and replied like a robot, "Nothing." She looked closer and found eyebags that I was trying to cover with makeup.

"You haven't sleep properly, what's going on, please tell me." She looked so concerned.

I took out my phone and showed her John's photo. She looked at it and asked me with a question mark, "Isn't he that guy in the Canadian news?"

"He was my best friend."

I finally whispered.

She gasped, "Oh my God, Y/N."

"He was my everything, he was the heartbeat of my life. And see, now he's there." I pointed upwards, "Too higher for me to reach."

I faked a smile. "How can a person live without its heartbeat?"

She looked so sad and felt sorry for me. She came closer to me and kept calming.

"I'm so so sorry about this Y/N." She side hugged me.

No tears were brimming my eyes. I didn't feel any warmth in her hug. Not even coldness.

I had a heart without its heartbeat.

I was nothing.

"He said he was coming to London." I said her. "To meet me."

She felt very sorry for me. For a girl like me.

A broken doll like me.

I faked a smile.

***

I had a test tube in my hand, filled with a pink liquid.

It looked so tempting. I wanted to drink it quickly as possible. But who'll drink it after knowing that this is a poison?

I was standing at the end of a large and beautiful mountain.

Without taking any break, I drank it.

I smiled and threw it away. I looked down the mountain and I could see the surface so much down.

Once I used to fear heights.

Now I felt nothing.

Hey dude, I'm coming to heaven. See ya soon!

And then I jumped down, with my golden past flashing in front of me.

__________________________________________________________

You guys won't believe what happened!

From the day I've been thinking about this, 4 death news came to me in 4 days at a stretch. 😢😱 Thank God they weren't known to me. But I really really feel so much sorry about them. Rest in peace, dead people.

1184 words.

PLEASE VOTE & COMMENT!!!