Chapter 18. -Back at the Start

Hi everybody!

So the last chapter is really long, almost 13 pages, and I don't have time to type that all up at once so I am uploading it bit by bit. When its all done I will put them all together but for now it will be in parts. Sorry! Anyway, Please remember to vote for this story. You don't know how much it means to me when you do.  Thank you all for your support so far. I love you all! -wordsareriddles

My Redemption, Chapter 18. -Back at the Start, Duke's POV

It took my breath away, it really did. It had almost been eleven years since I left here and I hadn't expected it to look so familiar.

As the guards led me cautiously down the street I looked around with my mouth gaping. How was it that the town could look even better after so many years. I thought it would be at least little aged NOT even newer looking.

One of the guards, Steve I think it's name was, chuckled at my expression.

"Every time you come here it looks better, aye?"

 I turned towards him but was still so astounded that I could do is nod. He chuckled again. As we passed rowan street the castle can into view. I stopped walking and stood rooted to the spot.

This was it.

As soon as I went in I would never come back out. I knew that I deserved whatever awful punishment I would receive, but that didn't mean I wanted it.

The guards sensing my mixed emotions, rolled theirs eyes before tugging me forwards. I stumbled but managed to catch my balance in time.

As we walked through the back gateway my breath caught in my throat, I was standing only five yards away from the Knights House and Complex. As I glanced at the many knight holding a mock battle in the arena I realized how foolish I was.

Why I ever left this place was beyond me. Where I once felt strong, I now felt weak. Where I once felt smart, I now felt dumb. Everything I had ever done in my life was suddenly unveiled before my eyes and I realized that I wasn't that same man anymore.

Somewhere, in the middle of this giant mess, I had changed.

I continued walking forwards, but no longer did I feel scared, instead I felt ashamed.

Suddenly, from across the courtyard a blurry figure came running towards me. I noticed all the people around me dropped to their knees and I stood there in confusion. The figure rushed towards me and pulled me into a hug.

INTERRUPTION (Story continues below) : Please remember to vote. This is in the Watty Awards! IF I GET 20 VOTES BY TONIGHT I WILL UPLOAD ANOTHER CHAPTER TOMORROW MORNING! Please please people! Vote! Thanks! 

"My boy!" The hugger cried out.

"That voice..I recognize it." I said to myself.

After a long 4 second hug I was released. At last I would be able to see who the mysterious hugger was!

As I stepped back an arms length to get a good look, I tripped and fell down. When I looked up I saw a most curious thing...

.....the King?!?

Vote!