Chapter II | Part V

"I thought for sure he would realize the mistake he was making. I thought that maybe if I came back he'd know how miserable married life would make him," Lau drowned his sorrows in a glass of wine. Vincent sat next to him, albeit reluctantly, as the married couple had their first night together alone. The two waited outside the door. Lau refusing to leave and Vincent trying his best to do his job. He knew that sooner or later he'd have to enter the room. He just didn't know when or if Adrian was still insisting that Rachel's wish be fulfilled.

"And you," Lau frowned. "You're so cute why didn't you try flirting with him some more? I'm sure you could've stopped him from making this mistake you smooth talker you," Lau sighed. "You smooth talker Phantom man, you're so sexy," Lau leaned in to get a good look at Vincent's eyes. "You're so sexy..."

"You're drunk."

"Of course not! This much wouldn't make me drunk. I'm speaking the truth," Lau cackled. "Or are you just being mean because you're mad I kissed the prince? What it is? Hm? Vincent?"

"I know my place, unlike you," Vincent placed his hand on Lau's face and pushed him away.

"How long are you going to sit out here?" Adrian opened the door. His robe barely on his body. His hair messed up from taking all of the hair accessories out in a hurry.

"Yes, Vincent, how long?" Rachel poked her head through the doorway. Her robe and hair equally as messed up.

"You two look like you've already had quite a fun time. Why do you need to bring my darling Vincent into it?" Lau hugged Vincent and refused to let him stand up. He spilled wine all over himself and Vincent.

"Get off of my guard, Lau," Adrian kicked his shoulder and made him roll off.

"My prince you are so cruel. Show some kindness, please."

"Absolutely not."

"Then at least let me join," Lau cried.

"Be gone, merchant," Rachel sighed. "We've got other issues to attend to."

"Issues?" Lau stood up, grinning like an idiot. "Let me attend to your issues, Madame."

"I'm a married woman, merchant. Do you want me to commit adultery on the first night?"

"Marriage is fake, a foolish concept," Lau scoffed.

"Even with my plain face and average bust?" Rachel raised an eyebrow.

"I am a fan of all women," Lau assured. "And men. I don't discriminate I simply observe."

"How foolish of you to say such a thing," Rachel opened the door a bit wider. "Don't you have someone to go home to?"

"Me? Why would I? I'm too busy trying to get you to commit adultery." Lau's glass tilted in his hand as his wine spilled onto Vincent. The male grabbed the glass, ripping it from Lau's grasp. Rachel grabbed Lau's arm and dragged him into the room. Lau, as a result, grabbed Vincent's which forced the wine to spill further onto him. The door closed. Rachel and Lau continued their banter but it didn't last much longer. She was intrigued by the smell of the wine on his breath and decided she must taste it.

"Thank Heavens," Adrian breathed a sigh of relief.

"Oh?" Vincent looked down at his uniform. It was drenched a wine he hadn't even sipped.

"She won't be touching you if she is like that," Adrian gestured. The two were quite entangled now. His face flushed and he turned his attention back to Vincent.

"Are you angry at all? Seeing your first love with your wife?" Vincent questioned.

"I have no interest in Lau anymore."

"How can you be so sure?"

"Well, because I have you."

"Me?" Vincent laughed. "You can't be serious! I'm not a partner, I'm a servant."

Adrian opened his mouth but a loud moan overshadowed anything he would've said. He wanted to die. Right then and there. It wasn't him that moaned, Vincent knew that, Adrian knew that too, but he was still embarrassed all the same. Out of sheer curiosity, his head turned to look to see what terrifying position Rachel and Lau were in. Vincent grabbed his chin and turned his head back before he could so much as glance.

"Why don't we go into the bathing room?" Vincent phrased it as a question but he dragged Adrian into the room without hearing the answer. He closed the door. The wife and the merchant could still be heard loud and clear.

"I think the whole castle might hear those two," Adrian sighed. He sunk to the floor and leaned up against the wall.

"That'll be good for you. They'll think you're the one doing it. You'll have less questions tomorrow."

"Or more questions," Adrian shuddered.

"In any case, it's going to be a long night," Vincent stripped out of his uniform and grabbed a spare robe lying around. "People are going to think I was drinking on the job," he sighed.

"We'll just have Grell wash it."

"I'll still smell like wine," Vincent touched strands of his hair. The wine really had gotten everywhere with Lau's strange movements.

"Then I'll just have to enjoy you," Adrian pounced on Vincent and pushed him to the cold hard ground. He licked his torso, still moist from the wet clothing.

"Your Majesty, what are you doing?" Adrian continued. He opened up the robe and sucked on Vincent's chest as if he were a newborn. "Your Majesty," Vincent grabbed Adrian's head, trying to push him away. "This is inappropriate."

"Any more inappropriate than my wife sleeping with another man?"

"But, Your Majesty..." Vincent struggled to think of a proper excuse. "It wouldn't be right to have them overhear us too. One set of noises is fine, expected, but two will have them asking questions."

"Then we'll have to be quiet, won't we?"