Mariah

I woke up suddenly. I couldn't remember a thing, and my head was throbbing. This was the definition of a hang over. I looked around to see where I was, but it was pitch black. I stumbled around until I found a light switch. There he was, laying in the middle of the treehouse. He looked so beautiful. The way his breathing seemed to be simultaneous with the wind. How his hair was so messy but lied perfectly on his face. Hunter seemed to be flawless.

What had we done the night before? I didn't want to face him, or the truth. I just had to get out of here. I carefully opened the door to the treehouse, so I wouldn't wake him. After climbing down the steps I stopped. I had no idea where to go. If I went home at this our my mom would kill me; I took off down the street without a destination in mind. After what seemed like miles of walking I noticed a small 24 hour coffee shop. I went inside, ordered a large cup and sat down at the corner booth. The waitress came over to me, she seemed very young, eighteen maybe. She crawled into the opposite seat handed me the coffee and said "Had a long night?" "You have no idea," I replied. As I looked around I noticed the place was deserted besides the waitress and I. "My name is Mariah" she said. We talked for hours and hours until the sun came up. Mariah stood up and stated "Mt shift ends in 10 minutes and you probably wanna get out of here before other waitress gets here, she sorta..rude. We should hang out sometime, I could show you all the cool places around here." "That'd be great," I exclaimed. After exchanging numbers I decided to walk home.

I could finally get some sleep. After rolling into a ball with my covers I closed my eyes but sleep never came, my mind was too excited with the previous nights events. First of all with Hunter and how I fell asleep with my head on his chest but also Mariah. She was my first friend here and I couldn't be happier. I put my headphones on, blared the music, and finally fell asleep.