Prolouge: The voicemail

"Hey there it's Niall, sorry I couldn't get to your call right now, You know what to do... Dakota! Stop laughing at me!"

A small chuckle escapes my lips, at Niall yelling at me because I was laughing at him while he recorded this, but the slight laugh comes out strained.

Beep.

"Hi Niall. It's me Dakota. I've been paying your phone bill for the past 2 years now just so I can hear your voice." I pause to wipe my tears away from my eyes and think about how Niall would hate for me to live like this.

He would've wanted me to move on by now and stop crying over him. But I honestly can't...

"I just want you to know I'm doing... Okay..." I choke out. "I miss you like hell Niall. Why'd you have to leave?"

My mouth begins to quiver as I sob into the phone. "I just have a hole in my heart Niall, a big black hole, that eats away at me everyday and has been for the past 2 years."

I close my eyes and take a deep breath trying to control my breathing. "Other than that, I love you Niall. See how I used present tensed? I still love you. I love you so fucking much."

I sigh into the phone as I push my hair off my forehead.

"the boys have been here for me Ni... They come over everyday and check up on m-"

Maximum recording length reached. Message sent.

I end the call.

A brown bottle sits across from me. Filled with tiny white pills. That would do you no harm if you only took a few. But if you took as many as I was planning to do. You'd be dead in minutes...