Prologue: the final voicemail

"Hey there it's Niall, sorry I couldn't get to your call, you know what to do..." There's a familiar long but short pause. I wait for the worse part.

"Dakota! Stop laughing at me." Just hearing his soft Irish voice say my name sends me over the edge. My body shakes a few times as mine and Niall's laughter fills the empty noise around me.

Beep.

"Niall, I know you told me to wait. To just wait for the night of our honeymoon. I just couldn't." I cover my mouth to conceal the sobs.

Uncomfortable silence hovered over my head.

"Niall, I opened the book. I'm so sorry. I only read the first page though, I didn't continue... Just for you." I stop and take a deep breath, as I took in my world crashing around me. I felt everything getting tighter around me to the point I could hardly move a single finger.

"Thank you Niall, just for everything. It was a pleasure loving you and it still is a pleasure to love you. And I know up there, wherever you are, you love me still as much as you did when we were together."

I hang up.

A single tear falls.

It lands on my hand.

Exactly on mine and Niall's matching tattoo.

A small heart.

On our ring finger.

And that's when I realized.

Niall had been with me the whole time.

I'm updating again tonight!!! But this time it won't be the prologue and it will be the beginning of Dakotas and Niall's story. (When/how they meet) and it'll all continue until the end of the book!

Please vote and comment :)
@horans1ut on Instagram
@0kniall on Twitter