The first page

A strange but comforting presence hovers above my head. I can tell that it's Niall.

I could just imagine Niall standing behind me, whispering in my ear,"Read the rest of the book..."

My eyes drift down to my ring. I trace over the diamond and stand up. I have to read the book. Niall wants me too.
-
Everything was black, I don't even remember getting to our room, or even picking up the pink book. I then scan over the small Polaroid picture, I screw my eyes shut.

"You can do it." I repeat to myself over and over again. Finally, I lift the edges of the book up and read.

I see the poem and the smudge word. I take a deep breath. My eyes burn and my lungs ache for release. Should I really do this?

I breathe out. I should. I turn the page. Glued to the page is a small piece of notebook paper. The paper has Nialls handwriting all over it. The paper is slightly aged and torn on the sides. Labeled at the top is December 25th, 2010. That's the day me and Niall first met.

I gasp. I suddenly realized what this was.

This book was Nialls journal. He had wrote about us from the day we met, to the day he... passed.

I close my eyes and call out for Niall. This book is probably the best gift I've never gotten. My breath is staggered while I whispered a little prayer for Niall.

My eyes open and I begin to read...