Chapter 2: Muzan

(Y/n) put on the jeans he specifically asked to be made for him.  He nodded understanding the breathable property.  He then grabbed the black button-up shirt made in the American style.  It had Silver written in Japanese on the back.  He put on his socks and shoes.  He walked out to see Tanako standing dressed in her uniform and her green and black checkered haori.  Tanako looked at him and smiled, "Are you almost ready, (Y/n)?"  The boy nodded in response, "Almost."

 Urokodaki spoke, "I would like to talk to you both first."  The two sat down on their knees facing the older swordsman.  Urokodaki began, "Tanako, (Y/n).  Now that you're starting out with the Demon Slayer Corps, I'd like to explain a few things to you."  Tanako responded, "Right."  Urokodaki continued, "That Demon Slayer Corps outfit you're wearing right now...  It's made of a special kind of fiber.  The fabric is quite breathable, yet it repels moisture and won't burn easily.  A low-level demon's talons or fangs couldn't even manage to tear that uniform."  Tanako looked down grabbing her shirt," It's that strong?"  The retired swordsman continued, "Also, that Nirichin Sword of yours...  The color varies from owner to owner, and each hue has unique properties. But since not many people end up with black blades, little is known about them.  So little, in fact, that-"  Urokodaki paused which made Tanako ask herself, "So little is known that... What, Mr. Urokodaki?"  Urokodaki explained, "Since so little is known about them, black blades are said to be wielded by swordsmen who'll never go far."

Tanako just smiled, "I don't know how I'll do in the Demon Slayer Corps,"  She turned to her sister who was poking her face out from under a blanket in the other room, "but I'm going to turn Nezuko back into a human no matter what."  Urokodaki agreed, "Yes, you're right. I have faith that you're going to make that happen."  Tanako turned back to Urokodaki, "Right."  Urokodaki grabbed the wooden box next to him, "One more thing,"  He placed the box in front of him, "Take this.  It's a box for you to carry your sister in during the day.  Built out of an extremely light wood called "Cloud Mist Pine."  I coated it with rock lacquer to reinforce its exterior and make it even more durable."  Tanako sounded her appreciation, "Thank you very much!"  She picked up the box smiling, "It's so light! It's really light, Mr. Urokodaki!" Tanako walked into the other room to help Nezuko into the box. Urokodaki turned to (Y/n), "(Y/n), the power and identity you hold. You're a legend to the Demon Slayers that live on the battlefield. I hope you will protect and help Tanako on her quest."

(Y/n) stood up and smiled, "I promise I will.  Though I suppose you should know of my quest aswell. When I first arrived in Japan I had none of my memories.  I had no idea who I was or where I was.  I have a small amount of them returned, but I plan on asking Tanako for help."  Urokodaki nodded understanding the young swordsman's dilemma, "I see.  I wish you luck, (Y/n).  I have no doubts that you will go far."   (Y/n) nodded with a small grin, "Thank you, Mr. Urokodaki."  (Y/n) put on his scabbard, slung his satchel on his shoulder, and placed the katana on his back then walked outside and waited for Tanako.  He pulled out his journal and began sketching. Moments later Tanako and Urokodaki walked out of the cottage.  (Y/n) waited as Tanako said her goodbye. He placed his journal back in his satchel and looked at Tanako with a smile, "Are you ready to go?"  Tanako nodded and began walking.  (Y/n) followed her.  A short way down the path Tanako stopped and turned around to wave to Urokodaki.  (Y/n) stopped and waited for her with a light-hearted chuckle.  The two began walking down the path again.

(Y/n) and Tanako were walking on the dirt path between the farms.  Tanako spoke to her sister, "Nezuko, are you all right?"  Tanako received no response so she spoke again, "Nezuko?"  (Y/n) listened closely for sounds from the box, "I believe she is sleeping."  Tanako nodded and the two continued walking side by side. (Y/n) pulled his right hand out of his pocket and let it hang. Tanako slowly dropped her left hand from holding the strap of the box.  Slowly, the two inched closer together. Their hands brushed against each other slightly.  (Y/n)'s cheeks turned a little pink but he smiled while Tanako's face turned a slight red.  (Y/n) made the bold move of gently grabbing Tanako's hand.  She gasped but smiled and the two swordsmen intertwined their fingers.  The two walked in silence happily.