Kaelynn

Kaelynn loved playing clarinet, but after a while it got a little boring. The clarinet section wasn't her favorite section anymore, the trumpet section was. They were loud and annoying, but Kaelynn liked that. It fit her personality well, but a little less... socializing. She liked most of the band sections, except the trombones. She didn't care for them like she had used to.

Clarinet was getting too old for her, and she had already found an instrument she wanted to play, the bassoon.

"The hell is a bassoon?" Jake asked. He popped a grape in his mouth.

"It looks like a battering ram, it looks cool, sounds cool. So why not?"

"Good luck with that, Kaelynn."

"Thanks. I'll need it. Can I ask why you have a fat vine of grapes?"

Jake laughed and walked away, smiling and waving goodbye. You could never find him without food in his hand, with how much he ate Kaelynn was surprised that he never seemed to gain any weight. She could eat a cookie and gain at least five pounds. Well, such is the life of a high schooler. She had forgotten that she was a high schooler, she had a tendency to miss the large details surrounding her. She wouldn't exactly say that she forgot, but she would say that it was a new feeling. She didn't really like rooming the halls without someone to talk to, someone to laugh with, or hell, someone to have them wrap their arm around her and hold her tight.

And then she felt someones arm around her.

"Gah!" She turned around and accidentally bumped into several people.

It was Henning, a boy she had met in her down moments. She had run outside of band after she saw what she hoped she would never see, Paul hugging another girl. She couldn't even describe what she felt in that moment, but she knew what hurt her most. It was Gianna.

"Hey, I'm so sorry I didn't mean to..." His voice trailed off.

"It's fine. What's up?"

"Nothing much, what's up with you?" He wrapped his arm around her again. She tried to shrink herself to shake him off, but he wouldn't budge.

"Nothing. Any reason you have to put your arm around me?"

He blinked and sighed. He tilted his head to the right slightly, and Kaelynn looked.

It was his old girlfriend, the one that had yelled at him while he was trying to comfort her. She thought Henning was a nice boy, but for some reason, this tainted her view of him. Great, he's using me to make me look like a rebound. Cooky. She got annoyed and finally slapped his arm off of her.

"I'm not a rebound, and I don't want to get caught up in your drama." She walked away.

She didn't feel bad for doing that, she did feel a little pity for Henning, what kind of girl just dumps a guy on the spot like that? At least she hadn't have given up on Paul.

Paul.

That name stung her heart. She hated it, it made her feel terrible. It's not like she could really do anything about it. Gianna stung her heart, too. They were best friends? What had happened? She decided she needed to talk to her, no matter how much it hurt her heart. Kaelynn always decided to do things, but when the time finally arrived, she chickened out. It had happened with him several times. She wanted to talk things out, she wanted to try and figure out why he had dumped her. It was no use, he said it was over, she was desperate for the first two days, but she tried to calm down and focus on herself. It did help, but it didn't help the fact that she still wanted him back. Yes, she knew it was idiotic to want a guy who made her cry every day and paid no attention to her, which is why she knew she couldn't have him back. So she dropped it, it wasn't worth saving. Kaelynn knew if she found something worth saving, she would try as hard as she could to get it back.