Part I

How Vergil Stole Christmas

By: Danielle

A Devil May Cry Christmas story.

Once upon a time, a loooong time ago.... There was a place called.... Well, they never actually said... But anyways, in this place, Christmas is around the corner, and everyone little girl and boy are getting ready to write everything they wish for. Everyone is happy for Christmas! Everyone except Vergil.....

"Ok..... How about..... Cookies and cream?"

"No."

"Ok then.... How about.... Strawberry?"

"DEFINITELY NO!"

"Ok ok! How about..... Blueberry?"

"Perfect." Vergil said, as Nero pulled down the extremely rare blueberry ice cream. Vergil popped open the lid to the ice cream and ate his extremely rare ice cream. "You know, you need to stop stress eating Vergil. It's very unhealthy." Nero told him, jumping off of the counter to get his Vanilla ice cream. "Looks who's talking...." Vergil said, pointing at the Vanilla ice cream in Nero's hand. "Yeah but at least I don't eat it every five seconds!" Nero shouted, defending himself because he refuses to be called 'unhealthy'. Vergil has been stress eating alot more lately. Why? Because Christmas was coming, and Vergil, hates Christmas. He wished it would just go away! Why? Because Christmas was the worst days of his life! Because of his brother..... Dante. Dante ruined every Christmas for him, and eventually, everyone else ruined it for him as well.... All except for Nero. Vergil grumbled and continued to eat his Blueberry Ice Cream. "Dad, we're running out of Blueberry Ice Cream, should we go to the store and buy some more?" Nero asked, pointing at the empty tubs of Blueberry Ice Cream laying all over the counter. Vergil sighed, and nodded. "I guess we'll have to go buy more....." Vergil mumbled, while Nero just rolled his eyes, and mumbled "you don't HAVE to but ok...."

They all left their house on the mountain, and walked out the street to buy more. "So..... Why can't you just eat the other ice cream?" Nero asked, fluffing his hair back to it's normal stance. "Because I didn't buy them" Vergil replied, slapping Nero's hand to get him to stop fluffing it. Nero pouted, and looked away from Vergil and back at the ground. "Does it matter???" Nero asked. Vergil shrugged, "because I don't wanna touch whatever you placed your hands on." Nero furrowed his brows, before sighing and continuing to fluff his hair.

".... Stop that."

"Stop what?"

"Stop touching your hair."

Nero glared and Vergil, and Vergil glared back, before they both sighed and continued their journey.

"Merry Christmas!" 

"It's not Christmas." Vergil shot back, flicking the young man's nose as Nero snickered at the man's reaction. They walked down the street, watching the different kind of children run amuck around the city. Throwing different snowballs and making snowmen and snow angels, it was absolutely disgusting! Why would so many people get so worked up over a holiday that's only about presents and decorations?! They finally arrived at the store and looked around for the extremely rare Blueberry Ice Cream. "..... Vergil..... I think they stopped selling it."

"WHAT?!" Vergil shouted, whipping his head to face Nero with an angry look. Nero didn't look fazed though, he was used to Vergil's angry face, he knew it didn't really mean anything. Nero nodded, and pointing at the section they usually sold it in was filled with frozen food lunches instead... Vergil sighed in frustration, and stomped over to one of the cashiers. "EXCUSE ME!" Vergil shouted, drawing attention from all of the people inside of the store. "I come to noticed that you've stopped selling the extremely rare Blueberry Ice Cream and I must ask that you give me some of my ice cream RIGHT NOW!" Vergil slammed his hands on the counter, causing the person in front of it to jump in fear, the young man nodded frantically, before running to the back of the store to grab the leftover Blueberry Ice Cream. "Vergil....?" A voice said, having a thick African accent. "No....." Vergil mumbled, before turning around and seeing none other than Lucia. "Hey Lucy," Nero waved, silently eating some cookies out of a cookie container that someone left open. Lucia smiled and waved at Nero before looking back at Vergil with a confused face. "What are you yelling about....?" Lucia asked, placing her hands on her hips. "They don't sell his Blueberry Ice Cream anymore so Vergil yelled at the cashier to get him the leftovers of it from the back."