"Real"

Just a short one and I'm sorry for the lack of updating.
Takes place after 4x07
—————————————

"Al?" FP asks as Alice leans against him, her head against his chest, his arms wrapped around her.
"Hmm?" She responds playing with his fingers as his palm rests in hers.

"You know if I become serpent king again, I'm gonna need a queen." He states, hinting.

"Mmhhmm." She mumbles, intertwining their fingers and turning her head to rest on his shoulder.

"Are you even listening?" He chuckles teasing her.
"Maybe." The blonde answers.
"What did I say?" He asks.
"I don't know." She says quietly, shrugging.

"Exactly." He sighs, she frowns kissing his cheek, snuggling into him.

"Why do you have to be too cute to be mad at?" He asks placing a kiss in her hair. She shrugs smiling like a fool.

"Will you be my serpent queen?" He asks, draping his arm around her waist.

"Maybe." She says smirking.
"It's either you, or no one, babe."
"I'll be your queen." She says, he smiles.

"Is this real?" She asks randomly, her blue eyes reflecting how she feels; scared. Scared of this all just being a dream. Scared that she'll wake up alone, scared that she'll see him with Gladys again.

"What do you mean, baby?" He responds, stroking his thumb lightly over her cheekbone.

"Us. This life." She responds, blinking and choking back tears that threaten to fall.

"I'm not letting you go again, Alice, or pushing you away. I love you, Ali, I always have. Don't ever forget that." He says softly, his voice comforting her.

In that moment she not only feels a weight lift off her heart, but she feels butterflies form in her stomach. She giggles like a school girl pulling him down into a kiss. A kiss full of passion and love. She pulls him into a tight hug breathing in the sent of him, being brought back to her high school days by his sent of Old Spice body wash and the Whyte Wyrm.

"I love you too." She says and he lets out a breath of relief. Neither of them were the type of person to say "I love you" first. They've thought about it, but it's been 2 decades since either of them have said it. Both too scared of what could go wrong. They spend the next few minutes cuddling, not a care in the world about what anyone thinks or what this screwed up, stupid town has in store for them.
"It's real, babe..." FP whispers, Alice nods, relieved.